*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646471-Back-from-San-Diego
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#646471 added April 23, 2009 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Back from San Diego
We arrived home from our vacation in San Diego last night around 8:30 P.M. Needless, to say, we were exhausted but happy travelers. Our flight down and back was very pleasant and without any problems. Unless, you want to count, having our very large tube of toothpaste confiscated at the baggage check in the Sea-Tac Airport.*Bigsmile*

Our plane arrived on time to the delight of all of us. Roger(Ron's brother) and Judy(Roger's wife) greeted us with open arms and we were driven to their spacious and beautiful home in the La Costa Resort. We were given the grand tour of their 4000+sq. foot home. I thought it looked like a mansion compared to ours! After settling in we all went to an Antique Show on Friday afternoon.

Saturday I was able to make contact with my granddaughter Meranda who lives in San Diego. She, little Jayla, and her hubby and his two Navy buddies all took me to Hooter's for lunch! It was fun. We exchanged pictures and I gave her an early birthday gift. We did have some problem finding their apartment address. Roger and Ron dropped me off with the kids and we met up about three hours later. Roger went out on a limb for me to be able spend time with her and her family. That was really very sweet of him, but just testifies to the really great guy that he is.

On Sunday we went to Coronado Island with Roger and Judy. It just so happened that there was a big car show that day! The guys were delighted. So they went to that and we gals did some shopping in and out of the wonderful shops. We went inside the very old Hotel Del Coronado. Then headed down to the ocean beach. The beach was very sandy and went on for miles. It was so crowded with people...the likes that I had never seen anywhere else. We took a lot of pictures while on the Island.

Monday we four went to Sea World. Judy had passes and we were able to see the Shamu Show and The Dolphin Show. What a thrill to see the killer whales perform their acts! I have personally been able to have the opportunity of seeing killer whale in the waters of Puget Sound many times...but this was great seeing them perform in captivity.

I can remember when my children were young we would drive down to Manchester to the cove where Namu was penned for months before her removal to Sea World. I believe she was the first killer whale to be held in captivity and she was transported by flight! I don't remember all of the facts but I remember how magnificant that whale looked.

I was in awe at age sixty-five of these remarkable creatures. I think that was a highlight of our already marvelous trip for me.*Wink*

** Image ID #1552667 Unavailable **
Sea World Shamu Show
** Image ID #1552623 Unavailable **

Me poolside at Roger & Judy's
** Image ID #1552627 Unavailable **

Ron & I on Coronado Island
** Image ID #1552597 Unavailable **

Roger & Judy at the car show
** Image ID #1552593 Unavailable **

Meranda and Jayla
** Image ID #1552876 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646471-Back-from-San-Diego