*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646158-Howdy-doody
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#646158 added April 20, 2009 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Howdy doody
What I've been reading

Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. I have to laugh at Holden Caulfield, the main character, every time I read this.
Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant by Anne Tyler. I read this in college and have been in love with Anne Tyler's writing ever since. I want to BE Anne Tyler when I grow up.
Ruffles and Flourishes by Liz Carpenter. This is kind of interesting - it's about Lady Bird's social secretary. I enjoy reading the memoirs of anybody who has worked at the White House.
Dragonsong and Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey - another favorite author. I went on a binge at the bookstore and bought a whole bunch of her books.

Plans
I have a whole folder of ideas on what to do this summer. I have printed a bunch of ideas off the internet. One thing I want to do is go to a museum on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, which is just for children, so I printed out the hours and price of admission and stuck it in my folder. Another thing I want to do is drive all the way up and down the Natchez Trace. I'm familiar with the southern part of it, but not the part that goes all the way to Nashville, Tennessee.

Kids
Nobody in the Southeastern United States has a harder head than Matt. He's been working on my last nerve lately.

Anna Claire is grounded because she has been being lazy in school. How do you ground a second-grader? No TV or playing outside until the offensive behavior is taken care of.

On a positive note, Emily was in the All-State Honor Choir.

Good eating
Krystal burgers - we had them for supper. Who else has Krystal burgers? They are little square hamburgers with a ton of onions on them. I hadn't had any in ages, probably because one has enough cholesterol to block every artery in Mississippi, and you have to eat several. They ARE delicious.

Bad news
I got a ticket - two, in fact. My tag was expired, and so was my insurance. I didn't realized either one had lapsed. I do good for months, then I have these moments of failing colossally to pay attention. Actually, I didn't have my seat belt on either, but Mr. Cop was nice enough not to write me a ticket for that. Y'all didn't know what a menace to society you were dealing with did you?

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646158-Howdy-doody