*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644457-WdC-has-me-stuck-on-lists-of-five-and-here-is-one
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#644457 added April 8, 2009 at 9:05pm
Restrictions: None
WdC has me stuck on lists of five, and here is one
*Note* We had a minor domestic drama today. My little boy is soooo attached to his Teddy. It's a teddy bear that I had when I was little, and it has become Matt's best friend. It's kind of sweet, and of course it tickles me that he likes my old bear better than any of his newer ones. It's not girly one bit, so it suits him. Anyway, I got home and found that one of my dogs, Wimzy, had chewed Teddy's nose off. Matt was as heartbroken as if his real live best friend's face had been disfigured. So, now a trip to the craft store is in order to see if they have any new parts for a bear that needs a nose job.

*Note* The office staff where I work had a birthday party for the principal - her birthday is Monday, but we will be out for Easter, so they went ahead and had it. I found out later that some of the teachers had not been invited. For what reason, I don't know, except that the ones who did the inviting have a junior-high mentality sometimes. It hurt my heart because they were hurt by it. I wish they would have not invited me instead - it wouldn't have bothered me since I don't like going to social events and making small talk anyway.

*Note* My little boy's kindergarten class had an Easter Egg hunt today - we sent plastic Easter Eggs stuffed with candy up to the school for this purpose. One of the first-grade teachers at the school I work at said she is planning to dye eggs tomorrow, and that her grandson who is in kindergarten is also doing something Easter-ish. I am impressed at all these Easter celebrations in the public schools. We used to have Easter celebrations at the juvie jail, because it didn't matter down there, but I was under the impression that any religious celebration in the public schools would cause riots and uprisings. I suppose most parents approve, so the teachers sneak around and do it without drawing to much attention to themselves. I think this is splendid.

*Note* Remember last week when I stood in the background and let my assistant handle a fifth-grade class, and they acted terrible? She had to leave early today to take her children to the doctor, so I had this same class by myself. They wanted to try me, probably because of getting away with murder last week, but I got them settled down. This made me feel smug. It didn't hurt that I said a little prayer ahead of time and asked for help with this class. They are SOOO obnoxious - all the fifth-graders are. But guess what? The school secretary had to come in the library while they were in there - she knows their reputation. She looked around in amazement and commented on how quiet they were. I almost died of smugness.

Okay, I'm through bragging on myself now.

Did I mention how quiet my fifth-graders were today? *Laugh*

*Note* I bought two great big bottles of Mr. Bubble the other day. My two girls are in the tub now. My little boy is about to get in. Then guess who is going to sneak around and get a bubble bath? We're going to watch Scooby-Doo, then it's bedtime, and then bubble time for Mama. Hooray!

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644457-WdC-has-me-stuck-on-lists-of-five-and-here-is-one