*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643773-Sons-of-Iowa-Unite-Before-meeting-with-the-family
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#643773 added April 4, 2009 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Sons of Iowa Unite! "Before meeting with the family"
Iowa! *Shock* Those boys out in the cornfields can stop annoying the hogs with their lusty antics and come into town now and get hitched up proper. What's a small-town farmer to say or do with his sons and daughters? Hell, they all know about artificial insemination, so they'll figure out sumpthing. I doubt the population of rural Iowa! will suffer. *Wink* The hogs are sighing relief though; they've seen it all ... and then some.

For-those-who-don't-read-the-news ... or at least the Des Moines Register:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090403/NEWS/90403010

Summary of the Supreme court decision:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/assets/pdf/D213209143.PDF

Before meeting with the family

         for Kiyasama

After, he rests
peacefully

a stream of red
blood-stains

washed by tears
blazoned

upon her white
uniform.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [166.18] 2009-04-01

After William Carlos Williams *Wink*. Written after I read "*blows dust off* by kiyasama who wants to be accepted into nursing school. Edited since. I worked in a hospital/nursinghome in Nebraska ... many years ago.

blah-blah-BLAH-blah-blah:

Thursday: Very 'busy'. Depues del almuerzo al Centro de los Casi-difuntos: Spanish Circle where I was given the prompt "las montanas crecen durante la primavera"; 2 poems written at Celtic Connection; three short movies at Men's Group.

Friday: A bit of sun. A walk to get bread. First Friday and music at Celtic Connection; visiting with friends. Saw Ginny and Trish; Hobie; Emily and Heather; had a chat with Gilliam. It even snowed a bit.

Sat-morn: The hills and lawns are frosted white. [thought: as I grow older and whiter does that make me a frosted flake?] However ... it may warm up today! *Bigsmile* and 60 degree sunshine is in the forecast for Monday.

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

Got a 2.5 for a poem! That's a nice kick in the stomach. I thought ... well, I thought ... folks were just being polite with their 5.0s and 4.5s. *Shock* Maybe they were! *Bigsmile* Other than a poem written for a particular person ... in the end only an editor's opinion counts and only when they publish it *Smirk*. Readership? Yep. That counts a lot too; but, there are all types of readers (and some of them are mine ALL MINE
*Cool*). My struggle has been matching up reader with poem. And we don't mention submitting for publication. That's the real struggle for me. *Rolleyes* This particular poem? I really liked it; but, it's still new and begs an edit; however, most of the readers liked it too; so ... no problem. *Wink*

*Flower2* *Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower2*


*Snow2* Montana: a chill *Smile*sunny 34º at 9:30 *Snow2*

grape hyacinth iris daffodils crocus
13,573

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643773-Sons-of-Iowa-Unite-Before-meeting-with-the-family