*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643602-Obama
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#643602 added April 3, 2009 at 8:00am
Restrictions: None
Obama
I am often wary of discussing politics because it seems a lot like discussing religion; No one changes their mind. But I have to say, from where I stand, Obama is doing a great job in Europe. I just watched his press conference with the French president and was extremely impressed with both men. It seems as if the world has finally come out of this "Bush inspired" leadership-by-ego strategy and is finally working towards some common good. I am a patriot but also a citizen of the world. Sure, we have an economy that needs attention; this is taking place. We also have to face up to other parts of the world where dictators inspire fear and people are suffering simply because we are choosing to look in another direction.

I have my first WDC birthday on April 10th. What a great find this site has been.

I am in Memphis this week, heading back to the bay area in California this afternoon. I am back in Memphis next week and may make a quick trip up to New York. Very busy. I do a lot of writing on planes but once I am on the ground, I get busy working on my job. It would be nice if I could make a living writing but reality says that very few have the skills to do that.

I would like to thank Octobersun for her contest 14 Days, 7 Prompts, 1 Story. It was a lot of fun for all of us that participated. It was also a lot of work for her. There were about 20 of us that completed the contest and my guess is that the average story had about 7,000 words. Running a contest like that has to be a lot of work.

I also want to thank Arkakun for her daily efforts on the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge. This was the first contest I entered on WDC and have done some nearly 150 times in the last year. This is my favorite contest.

J

© Copyright 2009 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643602-Obama