*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642322-We-do-not-makes-words-we-make-them-better-Poem-for-Peter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#642322 added March 26, 2009 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
We do not makes words, we make them better. Poem for Peter.
"We do not make words, we make them better." No work is totally original. We modify what others have said and done every time we put pen to paper. And we derive many of our own works from the inspiration of masters. The truly creative invent their own unique style that in turn inspires others. Some great poets are less inventive, but are superb craftsmen. They do not invent new poems, but they sculpt them to perfection. All of us have one thing in common: we do not make words, we make them better.

A nice arrangement of Pachelbel's Canon in D where one can watch the hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABBzejbplVQ&feature=related

An amazing interpretation by MattRach (from France) when he was 15 years old. If you can follow his more energetic version, (raises his glass of milk) here's to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owAj5LiXG5w&feature=related

[untitled]

         for Peter

1 My unheralded son is unaccounted for. His deeds summon death, his reckoning sorrow.

2 Which word would he choose to chop down our imperishable tree. What boundless shame bring upon himself with the dust of his rebellion. What hope for communion dare we trust. Is it yet time for him to return with glory or lose all chance of reunion.

3 With grace, the illuminated King of Hearts, cup-bearer, quickens the dead, proffers a drink to the living, eternal morn, truth, all that my son seeks. Will he enter into this fellowship, drink from life's cup, rest now in righteous sleep.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [166.2] 2009-03-21

I wrote Wren about how she could take scripture (she's a chaplain at a hospice), scramble the key meaningful words and just write. The above is an example. I chose three scriptures. Made a list of words. Wrote from that list with a thought in mind. In this case, I thought of Peter, who stayed with me, who I treated as my son. susanL will know how I felt; change the pronouns, tweak it a bit and it could be about her daughter, Liz.

blaaah-BLAH-blaaah:

Tuesday evening: Went to a very encouraging talk by Chris Filardi about attempts to preserve the environment in the Solomon Islands. By making agreements with local groups to preserve their heritage, through "kastom" many of the islands may be saved from stripping their tropical forests. By-the-way: the bio- and ethnic- diversity is amazing.

Midnight: I walked home in a sprinkle. I'm usually concerned about getting chilled but I took my hat off just to feel the rain. It doesn't rain here often.

Wednesday: Graupel. The last roast beef dinner made by Elisabeth at the Senior Center. I only left my room twice; the other time was to buy milk. Evening snow.

Graupel:

http://scribalterror.blogs.com/scribal_terror/images/2008/03/04/graupel4.jpg
http://scribalterror.blogs.com/scribal_terror/images/2008/03/04/graupel3_2.jpg

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

A couple days ago I did a new poll "Your favorite interaction with a bird? and put it here as an entry as well. I tried to make the choices valid (as in ... valid in the reader's world). And adding a humorous or gross choice works as well. Laughter and gagging are both good responses from a writer's point of view. Alas, not everyone likes polls.

In this one, I should've put:

10. In cages. I watched Hitchcock's movie "Birds" ... once. *Shock*

I mentioned to Seadog that 90% of the answers are the top 5. Well ... not exactly. Although the top two polls suggest that, with 148 of 163 votes being one of the top 5.

Now ... truthfully ... it could be that some of the choices are lame! *Worry* But I don't do focus groups before making these up. *Wink*

So was Mondays' poll worth it? Well, it garnered 149views/21votes already and the other two mentioned re dogs/cats grabbed new v/v, a total of 65views/20votes. So ... yeah. *Smile* But ... I wouldn't want to alienate my regular readers and do it all the time. An item link works well too.

BLOGVILLE

Da Queen is coming to America in May! Stops both brief and pro-longed include: New York, Saint Louis, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Lost Wages, Minneapolis, Buffalo.

Reservations are already being made for HRM's visit! For Minneapolis contact Thomas ; for Los Angeles, Nada may have information; for Saint Louis, David McClain may know who is coordinating a gathering. *Wink*

scarlett_o_h's American itinerary: "Invalid Entry

Other interesting and wonderful entries:

"Invalid Entry a memory of swans Iowegian Skye
"Invalid Entry encounter with a redtail hawk Nada
"Invalid Entry discourse on one-night stands peachbug

*Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower4* *Flower4*

Montana: a bone-chilling sunny 21º at 9:00

grape hyacinth and crocus
13,340

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642322-We-do-not-makes-words-we-make-them-better-Poem-for-Peter