*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641615-Values-and-connections-Blue-stone-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#641615 added March 22, 2009 at 1:11am
Restrictions: None
Values and connections. Blue stone ...
What do you value most?

Your family? Your friends? A tree? A mountain? A flowing stream?

Simple question? In Real Life, as in stories, your family may die of thirst if the stream is poisoned. Your friends may chop down a tree or defile a sacred mountain, start a feud that lasts generations, kills thousands.

In Real Life, which would you value more: a gem or a stunted tree? In stories the gem may have magical powers, the tree may hold the key to healing.

In Real life? Better to value everything. To see the connection we have to everything. To think before we devalue it, before we destroy it forever.

The blue stone under the mountain ash

He was born a sapphire,
a glint of blue,
a rough stone merely waiting
for the diamond cutter.

I loved him too.

For I was a mountain tree,
struggling in poor rocky soil, clinging,
roots wrapped firm around him.

The chopped at me
when they came to pluck him from his home.
I was merely firewood.

My woody pith is charcoal now
waiting for the fire to grow
a momentary ember,
one last flash,
one glow.

Alas,
all that I desired:
to be carved into a jewelry box,
to hold his blue starfire,
what once was mountain ash
now ash and fire.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [166.1] 2009-03-20

"No one refuses a second hand gem" was the prompt that was later cut ... perhaps another poem?

blah-blah-BLAH-blah-blah:

It got over 60 for 4 1/2 hours on Friday. Hit a high of 63. First day of 60 degrees since November 12th.

I went for a walk along the Kim Williams Trail to the unnamed trickle of waterfall. The moss there is green and the ice was softening to slush and mud.

Parts of the canyon are in shadow for months.

Saturday: Myrt called from planet Earth and we met at the Hob Nob. Coffee and a scone for me. *Smile* Wandered downtown, but the coffeehouses were too warm and I didn't want to sit outside; it was starting to sprinkle.

I have lots of work to do: new goals, new blog header, update my port. Y'know ... Spring cleaning! *Wink*

Saw my first daffodil.

Sunday: Hobie and I may be going to Three Forks? (which brings up images of spoonbills and Sadie Kills-with-knives).

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

I wrote 505 'sketches' or 'pages' or 'whatever' in 165 B.E. My goal for 166 B.E. is 360-480 (low/high).

My journal reached page 1991 (although for some reason unbeknownst to me I skipped page 1948; it is forever lost between 1947 and 1949 which are back to back ... we all lose a page or two along life's path ... *Rolleyes*) My new goal: 90-100 pages per season. Book #22 is dark green. *Smile*

BLOGVILLE

"Invalid Entry prayer and connections standingdeer
"Judging Others inspiration brought to us by Debi Wharton
"Invalid Entry Li Po and lemons by ransomme
"Invalid Entry look who's getting published! DL Bach

*Flower2* *Flower2* *Flower2* *Flower2* *Flower2* *Flower2*

Montana: a wet 42º at 23:00

daffodil and crocus
13,204

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641615-Values-and-connections-Blue-stone-