*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640413-Just-be-kind-Everlasting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#640413 added March 16, 2009 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Just be kind. "Everlasting"
Just be kind to everyone today. I'm stressed over deadlines and aggravated over a local controversy over 'sex and censorship' and frankly am not in the mood to blog. So back to basics: just be kind, let go, be kind. Can we-all repeat that 95 times? Until we believe it, embrace it, become it.

Everlasting

What possessed you to become yourself?
That radiant glow on your son's horizon;
that sovereignty over your own emotions,
taking no imperishable offense,
yet glacial to my distant touch.
What ancient pretense can I summon
to commune with your ice-bound heart?
What everlasting bond between us
allows for centuries of future tense.
I would seek your counsel first my friend,
for you have shown me kindness.
Yet, the pureness of your spirit begs me wait,
to bide my time in silence.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.488] 2009-03-14

This poem was composed today on my computer using key words from today's quote rearranged here alphabetically: ancient, counsel, everlasting, first, heart, imperishable, kindly, possess, pure, radiant, son, sovereignty, spirit. The poem of course has only a vague echo of the quote; but it will suffice as an exercise. *Smile* The challenge should anyone wish one: choose a favorite quote, scramble the meaningful words (like Wordle) and compose your own poem or flash fiction.

blah:

Thursday night: Went to Writer's group and shared a couple poems. Frances' wants one of them for the holiday anthology they are putting together. Bless her.

Friday: Winter hangs on. It's bright and sunny and mild enough to open up the window. But ... the last day we were over 60 was November 12th. Over 4 months already.

I cooked up rosemary-pork-balls in olive oil, added rutabaga and peppercorn feta. I bought blood oranges, watermelon and grapes to add fruits to my "diet".

Da games: Portland State and Montana won and will meet today for the Big Sky championship. Both had problems yestereve, Montana especially. The Lady Griz couldn't shake the efforts of a mediocre Idaho State team they crushed twice during regular season. Gave up easy baskets underneath, couldn't hit 3s. 19 of 22 free throw shooting saved them. Jenna Brown for ISU was amazing. At 5' 3" she hit 3s, set up the offense and wove through UM players for layups!

Saturday morn: cold and bright. But our sunny cold spell is about to end.

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

Today, tomorrow, I will have to work diligently on a group of new poems if I want to submit them for publication. Deadlines loom. I will not be posting them until they are rejected.

Recently posted poems:
"Tales told over scones and hot tea
"Trolliver's grave eyes

BLOGVILLE

"Invalid Entry "puppy pantyhose"? a poem by Thomas
"Invalid Entry lament about the decline of a nation by David McClain
"Invalid Entry explaining his illness. Eric Wharton
"Invalid Entry strong writing; love the last lines. solveig

quote for the day

O SON OF SPIRIT! My first counsel is this:
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart,
that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting.
~Bahá’u’lláh


The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, Arabic #1

*Gift1* *Gift2* *Gift5* *Gift4* *Gift3*


Montana: *Smile* 22º at 9:00

crocus
12,970

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640413-Just-be-kind-Everlasting