*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638074-A-Does-conversation-with-the-Messenger-of-Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#638074 added February 28, 2009 at 2:42am
Restrictions: None
A Doe's conversation with the Messenger of Joy.
A doe's conversation with the Messenger of Joy

We have always lived with the dead.
Why without them?
I've survived five snows;
I will not see another:
my knees grow weak;
my legs move slow.
I will not dread the moment
when I'll be food for others,
like I fed myself,
giving life for my young to grow.
My eyes will look into the eyes
of the Messenger-of-Joy
and we both shall nod and know.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.456] 2009-02-27

Prompted by this final line from "The Directions, #4, The Old Ones" a poem of Melissa Kwasny: "We have always lived with the dead. Why without them?" Among the Salish, the word for 'year' and 'snow' is the same. And Marrilyne Lundahl spoke of the conversation of death between predator and prey last Monday. In the Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah (Arabic #32) it states "I have made death a messenger of joy". Even without these notes though, I think the poem stands on its own.

Blah-blah-blah:


Got out this evening to Zootown and listened to everChain. I've had the pleasure of speaking with Dan Young, guitarist and singer a few times.

Other than washing dishes, boiling underwear, buying a loaf of cocodrillo, drinking my Kenya and doing Sudoku ... it was a quiet day.

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES in BLOGVILLE

Have you ever been frustrated by blogging? Wonder whether anyone reads this #$%^ ? My old blog L'aura del Campo got more non-WDC views this month than this one! And this one has more entries!! But, there is a secret ... that one blog entry that is read by millions ... (of gnats maybe *Bigsmile*).

En serio, I went looking. Some old blog entries had over 100 views; 2 over 200! And one:

2,515

Yep. More views than any piece of poetry I've ever written.

If you have a spare moment and haven't read it, you should (everyone else and their second cousins already have ... *Rolleyes*). You can still leave a comment too. Wish you would.

"Death of Jeannie New Moon

The accompanying poll has 5,534 views. When I wrote that entry I was upset and I guess the words just flowed.

It is sad that Jeannie's death brought in the views.

Note: I will be taking a day or two off from blogging.

Montana: 18º at Midnight
12,534

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638074-A-Does-conversation-with-the-Messenger-of-Joy