*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637800-Lovesick-wail-6
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#637800 added February 26, 2009 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
Lovesick wail #6
Lovesick wail #6

What would I give today my Love,
To hear the laughter in your voice.
What would I say to you my Love,
To know what makes your heart rejoice.

Why do you never call my name
Asking whether I'm strong or frail. [or: asking whether I have strength or fail]
Why do I hope in love-sick shame
That you'll hear my wails.

Still, I shall give you all, my Love,
To feel the laughter of our voice.
Thus, shall I always say, my Love
Whatever makes your heart rejoice.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.451] 2009-02-25

I picked up a compilation of 365 love poems. Most of them were old fashioned so I wrote an old fashioned wail myself. *Rolleyes* The sentiments? Real enough. [And yes, I left line 8 short on purpose; I also capitalized each line in the old style I seldom use.] But ... it is sooooo over the top. Can you feel the ooze?

Back to blah-blah:


Yesterday was Wednesday, no? Must make today Thursday ...

I had my sushi last night.

Went to the library and reserved two books, scored two free books and a load of magazines. Got a couple Lutheran ones, a Christian Science, a Secular Humanist. It will be interesting to compare and contrast with the LDS Ensign. The tone of The Lutheran (April '08), put out by the ELCA, is obviously different at first glance from Ensign (December '08); but, it is always necessary to look further than first assumptions.

On the way to the coffeehouse (I ended up at Liquid Planet) I was nearly run over twice while I was in the crosswalk on East Broadway. Color me unhappy. I was totally reminded of the rude drivers in Kansas and that is not a good memory. That there are laws here is immaterial if people are callous about the well-being of others. Neither car slowed down.

In Denver: two men helping two elderly women cross the street in a snowstorm get jaywalking tickets as they-all are nearly ran over (the driver was cited for 'careless driving'). This bothers me because, with my experience over the last few years, I swear that: 1. crimes only exist if a police officer is present and decides whether a crime has occurred and 2. the worth of the victim determines whether a crime matters. Guilty by reason of color/sex/age/poverty or by rumor (no proof, no trial needed) or by someone in power saying "j'accuse" makes for a system of injustice. Ah ... 'tis the American way.


The sun is peeking out! *Shock* There is a glaze of snow out there. Our "storm" has either petered out, missed us or saving it up for this afternoon. *Rolleyes*

LE LOONY LINGUIST:

I had fun practicing Salish yesterday. Actually mesmerized by uncommon sounds I have difficulty making and hearing. Salish has ejectives, pharyngeals, agglutination, very different from English and much harder for me than Iroquoian languages. This is a wonderful link to the alphabet used in Spokane, a related dialect. Click over the words to hear them: http://spokanelanguage.com/AlphabetMoviePage.htm

This is the main page for phrases et cetera: http://spokanelanguage.com/PICT_DICTIONARY.htm

*Snow2* Montana: *Smile* 34º at 10:00*Snow2*
12,465

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637800-Lovesick-wail-6