*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636556-Pancake-season
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#636556 added February 18, 2009 at 4:55pm
Restrictions: None
Pancake season
Pancake season

Emeralds clad the hills of spring and summer,
rubies glitter with autumnal frosts
that start the journey though limbs to roots
that store the maple's sap.

Before the final gasp of winter,
when days warm up and nights stay cold,
the upward urge to break forth buds,
harkens the surge of sugars' gold.

Stab the veins with long hard needles,
insert thin tubes to drain sweet drool
collect in pails then dump in vats
and boil it down to an amber jewel.

Pour it on mountains of quick grilled dough,
welcome all to the pancake show.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.447] 2009-02-17

I went to a reading on sugaring Monday, so whaddya expect? Although the talk took us to Vermont, there are other sugaring areas as well. I lived in one and the pancake houses were packed in the Spring. *Smile*

bl...h bl...h bl...h:


Last night, I went to a talk given by Helen Thayer who spent 81 days traveling across the Gobi desert in southern Mongolia. Amazing stories and wonderful pictures. The girl from Butte next to me commented on how the generosity of the people impressed her. Since, I've always been fascinated by Mongolia, I enjoyed the evening. Must say, though, that I'd stick to areas with more water.

Today, I spoke with Emily from South Dakota who is planning her trip back to Portland. Spoke to her about different personalities and Jung. She'll need to do further testing, but I suspect she is INFJ which would explain why she is searching for herself at the moment. Rare personality and an enigma to other people. In any case I told her what to look up on the internet. Knowing herself will help with whatever direction she takes from here.

INFP and INFJ are probably <5% of the population, but probably more than 30% of WDC. Take the test and/or see this WDC poll: "MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)

My internet connection was giving me grief earlier. Should've gone for a walk instead of going to Bernice's, but I wouldn't have met Emily and devoured 2 linzer cookies. I'm home again cooking lamb-rosemary meatballs in a cheddar-broccoli soup, so ...

Montana: 42º at 14:00
12,145

© Copyright 2009 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636556-Pancake-season