*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636310-take-it-as-you-will
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1468633
With some disdain and a great deal of steel, she begins again.
#636310 added February 17, 2009 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
take it as you will
Small headache rolling under the skin. Skin stretching against bone. Bone protesting the pressure. Pressure in the face. Face looking as though there is a headache rolling under the skin.

I type in a bra and underpants. It is comfortable, it is temporary. It is for no one but me. There are imperfections I can feel without moving my fingers across them. Imperfections I can see without looking. They don't matter, though. Not today.

Went to bed last night in a state of frustration, at the state of the world, at the fatigue I've come to view as a friend. Where did the animal go? Hibernating? Foot caught in a trap? Shall I gnaw at the captured limb until I am freed? Will the pain and the blood be too much for the glory of liberation? I don't know. I don't know much.

I feel like I need to communicate in a way that is authentic to me. I am busting with capital letters. My voice is imploding inside me, threatening to erupt in a flood of lava words and acid inflection. But, I cannot do it. He doesn't want to hear that. He will put up a wall and all the words will come back at me, splashing and burning. What I do, then, is wait. I wait for opportunity. I wait for open doors and windows. I wait for a naked Sunday with a grey sky. I wait for a warm hand to touch my thigh. I wait, and I wait, and I wait.

I am a fool.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2009 katwoman45 (UN: katwoman45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katwoman45 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636310-take-it-as-you-will