*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635840-Happy-Valentines-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#635840 added February 14, 2009 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Valentines’ Day
Mom and I went into Walgreens today to pick up two of her prescriptions. There were valentine items all over the store. Red and white objects in the shape of hearts or teddy bears holding a heart shaped items of some time.

We pick Mom's prescriptions up at the Walgreens on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Charleston. To get there I drive west on Oakey and turn right on Las Vegas Blvd. this allows me to turn into the Walgreens' parking lot without have to cross traffic. Going this way takes us past some of the local wedding chapels. Today is the day a lot of people get married. I'm not sure why because about half of all marriages in the U.S. end in divorce, so I don't think Valentines' Day would make a very good wedding day.

Anyway, on the way to Walgreens we saw a couple of lemos and wedding parties at one of the chapels. I think it was the chapel that does the themed weddings. A good reason to get married in Vegas is a themed wedding. I knew a couple who used the Star Trek themed wedding. There are other themes for wedding, I think a Lord of the Rings themed wedding would be nice or perhaps a Star Wars themed wedding.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635840-Happy-Valentines-Day