*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635829-An-attack-of-nerves
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#635829 added February 14, 2009 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
An attack of nerves
Anna Claire's birthday is tomorrow - she will be eight years old.

For weeks, she has been talking of getting her ears pierced. We had come to the decision that she could get them pierced for her birthday - my mother said she would pay for it as her present. That's all Anna Claire has talked about: getting those ears pierced. We decided to go this afternoon instead of waiting until tomorrow.

It got down to time to go, after going to McDonald's for lunch. All of a sudden, Anna Claire decided that maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all, to have this procedure done. She got a pouty look on her face and said. "Mama, I'm worried about getting my ears pierced." After all those weeks of talking, now that it was time, she was scared. I was a little surprised by this, because usually once she makes up her mind, that's the end of it. Now she was going in the extreme other direction, because she was really acting like she was going to refuse to get them done. Mama said "Let's just drive up there and then we can decide." This was a good idea - it got her into the car.

Then when we got to the store, and she actually got in the chair, she decided she might as well go through with it. She squeezed her eyes shut and it was over before she knew it. And I'm glad it's over with! *Laugh*

What surprised me was how much it cost - $36.00. I had no idea it was that much. Good grief. And I wasn't even the one paying. But she looks as cute and grown as she can be, and now she's glad she has pierced ears.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635829-An-attack-of-nerves