*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634870-fingers-sifting-for-meaning-in-thin-air
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1468633
With some disdain and a great deal of steel, she begins again.
#634870 added February 9, 2009 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
fingers sifting for meaning in thin air
What does that title even mean? I truly have no clue, it simply came off my fingers.

I want to try free association writing at some point, just typing or writing away while not giving much thought to which words I'm turning out. It could be fun, or frightening, but I suspect that since I'm such a control freak I'll be full aware of all of it, tailoring it to meet my own expectations. I will give it a try, though. Perhaps later. Right now I've got other things to do.

I watched The Grammys last night. I haven't done so in years, mostly because music is generally 'bad' these days, at least the sort which is nominated for awards, but Robert Plant was going to be there, and since M. and I bonded over his many-years-ago resemblance to Mr.Plant, I felt a tug of sentimentality. Nevermind that R. sort of had a period of Plant worship himself, it wasn't about that at all. No, I wanted to get a good luck at what forty years and massive amounts of drugs will amount to. Strangely, from the back, he still looks pretty hot. The front, though, well, he looks like someone would after forty years and massive amounts of drugs.

Everyone knows I loathe the whole rap genre. I flat out don't get how anyone can say misogyny and rhyming about shooting people is art, but I am generalizing, I know. Not all of it is about ridiculously contrived nonsense, conceived in a conspiratorial way which is meant to hook young, stupid people who are confused about life in general. Not every rap star gets high and goes to a club packing heat. I'm sure there are some decent guys/gals in the bunch. So, I waited to see one, and here's what: I kind of liked the performance with Jay-Z, M.I.A, T.I, Lil Wayne and (lord help me) Kanye West. Now, each one separately annoys me a lot (with the exception of M.I.A who hasn't done much to tick me off, yet), but the rest tend to flirt with douchebaggery on a consistent basis. What is the deal with Kanye's hair? I mean, every farm boy and hockey player in the eighties and early nineties had that hairdo (business in the front, party in the back) and it didn't suit even then. I'm not sure if it's a joke or not. Someone might want to explain. Also, what's the deal with that stupid dress M.I.A was wearing? Due date or not, that thing was hideous, in fact, everyone looked bloody awful last night. That whole grecian goddess thing is not working for the ladies right now, and the only standout for me was Kate Beckinsale who seemed out of place and barely capable of walking in her garb. Dave Grohl, who I adore, is looking paunchy, if you want to know the truth, and Katy Perry kind of looked like she thought she was performing in a high school production of 'Grease', or some sappho version of it, bouncing about breathlessly and looking awkward with every dance step. Note to Katy:you're not Madonna. U Can't Dance. Stop it immediately.

I'm not a Coldplay fan. At all. They make me tired, frankly, and nothing about their fame makes much sense to me. I do, however, really like Radiohead, and I was impressed with their performance even though a lot of people seemed confused by it. Fan-tas-tic. Oh, and let's talk about Whitney Houston for a moment. Are we sure she's off the drugs people? I don't know much about her, but what I do remember from her heydey was that she was mostly articulate and soft. Last night she looked like she was doing a bad Tina Turner impersonation, and I wasn't sure if her eyes were open. I've been pulling for her, even though I don't care for her music, much. Why was Paris Hilton even there and what was she wearing? Oh, and I loved the U2 song, which a lot of people apparently don't, but I have to say that I loved it. Bono gets on my nerves something fierce, but the Edge has always been exceedingly cool, and if you will recall, I did steal a bush from Larry Mullen's yard, so I am obliged to be a fan for life.

I start my class today. As you can probably tell, I'm a trifle unnerved. I'll get over it, though.

I chatter when I'm nervous.

My eye is tearing up and I can't seem to stop it. Also, I have cramps, if you must know.

Off for tea and Tylenol.

No, this was not an exercise in free association writing, which is kind of sad, really.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2009 katwoman45 (UN: katwoman45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katwoman45 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634870-fingers-sifting-for-meaning-in-thin-air