*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634399-Kite
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#634399 added February 7, 2009 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
Kite
Kite

Bring me word of the gossip of heaven.
Along taut lines, strings of connections,
remind me there's justice, mercy and might.
Beneath storm clouds, obscuring all sight,
await clap of thunder, the sizzle of light.
There I'll sway to the stiffening breeze,
watch your dance of loop upon loop,
the sketching of pictures, a celestial frieze.
But as winds tug at you and I cannot follow,
I must set you free.
As you soar to the skies of distant stars,
remember me.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.414] 2009-01-19

"you are my kite" was the prompt.

Blah blah blah:


My day ... I went to Mah Jong and won once; so did Ruth and Rose. Laura won the first time she played. *Smile* Sherry made cocoa Barcelona style. It was thick and wonderful.

Stopped in at Celtic Connection. Tonight was First Friday. It was good seeing Michelle playing the bodhran.

Myrt called inviting me to the opera. We may be going to Helena Saturday.

WEATHER GNU'S:

Thursday evening I had a great talk with Mark Heyka our local weatherman about the trickiness of forecasting in these valleys. I suggested he'll need to retire to Hawai'i. He looked aghast. He's from Belleville, Kansas (105 miles west of Sabetha, where I lived many years ago) and loves K.U. and Lawrence. Why retire to Kansas? They have exciting weather!

As for here ... elevation or a few miles around the bend of the river can be the difference between sunshine and fog. Today the sun has tired to break through for a few minutes. It's been relatively mild.

PROMPTS FOR THE DAY:

Beef jerky: the women at Mah Jong tonight were discussing how a dried bull's penis makes a good chew toy for puppies ... as I told Partyof5 in a comment: this puts a whole new spin on the concept of 'beef jerky'.

Montana: 34º approaching Midnight
11,648

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634399-Kite