*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634148-These-are-the-days
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#634148 added February 5, 2009 at 9:22pm
Restrictions: None
These are the days
More big head
Gail won on Jeopardy again today. This goes to show that we DO have smart people in Mississippi. I'm the other one. *Laugh*

Not so great news
My grandmother has walking pneumonia. She has always been in fantastic health, except for glaucoma, and a bout with breast cancer which came and went pretty quickly. However, pneumonia at 83 years old is something to worry about. She's not in the hospital, but she got two shots and a prescription.

Work
Our students left at noon today (professional development) and they're out tomorrow(parent-teacher conferences). It's nice to be at work with no children, I can get some things done. I have been put in charge of Accelerated Reader. This is a computer program that tests children on books they've read, then gives them points if they pass. It's up to the teacher to reward them for how many points they get. Since there have been about 6 librarians in ten years, it hasn't been maintained. I had to unenroll about 500 - really and truly 500 - children who are no longer at our school, and now I have to enter about 200 who are there now. Around 175 of our current kids are already in there. It's a good thing I like doing stuff like that, plus I think AR is a good program that would benefit our children. Otherwise it would be a chore.

Kids
Emily and Matt started back to soccer practice, Hooray! They can work some of their energy out. Anna Claire and Matt have a Valentine's party tomorrow night. Yeah, I thought that was funny too, when they started that a few years ago, a Valentine's party for Kindergarten through Second-graders at night. But it gets rid of them for a while, and they have a good time.

Upcoming
Guess what we have planned for Valentine's Day? A soccer tournament for Emily and Sam is performing a wedding. Also, Anna Claire's 8th birthday is the 15th, so we have to throw a celebration in there somewhere. I may have to take that Monday off.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634148-These-are-the-days