*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633846-Disposal-of-the-carrot-top
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#633846 added February 4, 2009 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
Disposal of the carrot top
Disposal of the carrot top

They called him Ginger,
Carrot Top.
Among the row of sun bleached parsnips
he stood out:
orange and sweet and succulent.
No turnip ever sprouted leaves like his,
combed as fine as feathers;
nor was any beet as fit and trim.
His shoulders rose above the dirt,
the common veggie-folks
surrounding him.
They pulled Gin first,
to sacrifice his succulence
as if to serve a king a pot of stew.
He swam with onions, taters, til
they served him up to you:
orange and sweet,
his feathered carrot top
wilting by the sink.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.434] 2009-02-03

This is third poem of a trilogy. "Stalking the wild haggis" and "Wailing the lonesome lutefisk" have already been sketched. *Rolleyes* Well ... if you can do better with the prompt (the title) ... please be my guest. *Laugh*

Blah blah blahsheep, have you any ***bleep***:


I'm not awake yet. Should never do blog entries in the morning. Should never get up in the morning, period! And folks wonder how I struggled for years getting to work by 8:30 to wake up by 10. Morning cheer was an oxymoron.

But mornings are wonderful, you say! And I agree ... for sleeping.

The breast controversy continued yesterday as someone objected to me speaking about breasts in the bookstore. Wonder what she'll do when a woman is there breast-feeding! I do not understand this local debate over Montana state law [The law explicitly states that women have a RIGHT to breast feed anywhere at anytime and cannot be accused of indecent exposure]. I do not understand why some folks are so adamant against babies breast-feeding in public. Then again, maybe she thinks a bookstore is a hush-hush library?

I had a silly image of a protest with men and women wearing T-shirts with flesh colored bullseyes on them and the message "support breast-feeding or suck these!". Maybe that would be too risque.

But, I can see me writing enough "in praise of breasts" poems to make a chapbook *Laugh* (with a bullseye cover)

WEATHER GNU'S:

They have no clue about the weather around here. The forecast was dense dangerous fog for this morning. It is crystal clear sunshine.

Montana: *Smile* 15º at 8:00
11,503

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633846-Disposal-of-the-carrot-top