*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633796-Unanswered-questions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#633796 added February 4, 2009 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Unanswered questions
    1. Where does all that road rage come from?  Why do people get so bent out of shape and want to start a fight in the middle of traffic? What is that rage over being cut off and chasing someone? And all those hand signs!
   
    I have been going about 5-10 miles over the speed limit and have had people get on my bumper and honk the horn. The other lane was clear, so I thought they should just go around me. When they finally did, you know in that angry gun the motor kind of way, they left me in the dust. (question 2) Why don't people like that ever get speeding tickets? If I was already over, and they blew past me and disappeared, they were good for a reckless driving ticket.

    Today I stopped at an intersection just as the light turned red. I had an elderly woman in the car with me on a road where I have seen many police cars in wait. The speed limit is 25. A truck blew up from out of nowhere behind me, but not so fast that he lurched when he hit the brakes. He laid into his horn. It was a four lane divided road, despite the low limit, in a busy commercial section. He stayed behind me giving hand signals and honking. The lane to the right was clear, but he stayed behind. I wanted to make a left turn ahead, but got into the right lane to let him pass. He passed by with hand signals, then slowed down for the next stop and started yelling with his windows up. We could still here him swearing at the top of his lungs. I rolled the window down and yelled "Speed limit"; that's all. He continued to carry on, even when traffic started moving and I went forward. There was a fifth lane at the left, so we both turned. After he passed the car ahead of me and got into the right  lane, another car pulled up beside me with their window down. Smiling and shaking their heads, the couple said, "That guy's so retarded!" #3 Are people on drugs when they create scenes like that, or did they really have terrible childhoods, with outrageous anger that's never been resolved?

    Which brings me to one more unanswerable question: Why can't all drunks be happy drunks? Sure, they'd still be obnoxious, and wasteful, and accident prone, and would not make their contribution to the home or budget. But they would be so much better than the angry, violent, and destructive drunk. And what determines which way their drunkeness will go?

      I have more. I'm sure most people do. But these are good for today.

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633796-Unanswered-questions