*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631891-Blogville-Netizens-Unite-and-Gazelle-for-Zmitri
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#631891 added January 25, 2009 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
Blogville Netizens Unite! (and "Gazelle for Zmitri")
BLOGVILLE NETIZENS UNITE

Well, that may draw a few folks in to read this! *Bigsmile* (my daily poem is below)

I pose this question (seriously): What makes a good Blogville netizen?

Adhering to Queen Scarlett's Rule of 5:

1. Regular blogging (no more nor less than what you can handle; daily for some, weekly for others).
2. Reading and commenting on your favorites and returning the favor for those who read you. This promotes a sense of a supportive community.
3. Kindness, tolerance and realizing we are multi-cultural and multi-dialectal. (words do not mean the same on both sides of the two big ponds)
4. Restraint to offend and slow to be offended.
5. Not leaving for long periods of time without a comment or good bye. *Frown* We truly worry and/or are saddened.

I send this out to newbies (easy to spot on the blog page ... black case with a number like (2) and less than 5 entries ... [I keep a copy in double brackets so I can quickly copy and paste. This is pastable.]

So, Welcome to Blogville!

If you have some questions, there is a delightful and experienced blogger {suser:davidmcclain} who has some ideas he put in a blog entry: {entry:630228}.

Now ... if you ever wish to visit me! {e:bigsmile}

I'm at:

{bitem:1317094}

Just come right in, sit right down, and leave a comment (please).


I do this to make a new blogger aware that Blogville exists. Many do not know! I didn't at first. *Smile*

As for bloggers: marcushogan is no longer new, but he deserves a visit at "Invalid Item. I know he's been visiting you-all ... I see his calling card everywhere! (kinda like Nada, but a young male Scottish version ... he even does shoes ... for running that is *Laugh*) His blog is improving as he reads others. Saturday's blog entry includes links showing Holyrood near where he runs, the Italian restaurant he ate in (he tells us what he ate ... in Italian), the museum he went to and Beethoven's 5th. He's eclectic and even throws in a bit of Gaelic now and then. He has his own sense of humor (Scottish, not English nor American). I believe it is good to encourage younger writers and bloggers. If they visit you, please return the favor (or go there first!).

Gazelles for Zmitri

         1

In her swiftness, her hooves barely touch soil,
while at your mundane job you daily toil.

The gazelle knows only days of sunshine;
you glimmer, icy starlight and moonshine.

She remembers the time after birthing;
you have always forgotten rebirthing.

Her horns and ears twitch ready for battle;
with every breath, in your throat Death rattles.

She'll guard over the next generation;
Zmitri, welcome your regeneration.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.416] 2008-01-21

Okay ... an idea I'm working on. Taking some ideas from a ghazal and twisting them: 1. rhyming couplets; I think 5 will do. 2. Ten syllables per line (9-11, more or less, maybe base it on number of stresses or rhythm) 3. A call and response and the metaphor of a gazelle and Zmitri. 4. The inclusion of "Zmitri" in at least one line per 5 couplets. 5. A series of at least 10 of these units as a cohesive work.

BLAH BLAH BLAH:


So the sun is "out" ... it's bitter cold and I'm wary of its lure. I think it munches on Montanans this time of year. No fear ... I'm snug and warm.

Rose called for a game of Mah Jongg this evening, so posting now. Time of post does matter ... but that's for tomorrow's topic regarding blog-stats. Hint: Thursday is my best day for 'views' and Friday the worse.

I put a drop of orange flavoring and a dash of pumpkin spice in my coffee or cocoa. Do any of you, dear readers, add something to the elixir-of-the-morning-wake-up?

PROMPT OF THE DAY:

Ancient coinage, a worn penny older than me. (almost haiku-like, eh?)

Montana: *Smile* 9º at 10:00
11,090

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631891-Blogville-Netizens-Unite-and-Gazelle-for-Zmitri