*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631135-obama
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1372191
Ohhhhhhhh.
#631135 added January 21, 2009 at 4:12pm
Restrictions: None
obama
Yes, we were there. I'd tell the whole story, but I'm sure you watched the news. Also, it's the kind of story you tell your kids, rather than a bipartisan readership with a tendency to skim. Suffice it to say the National Mall was so crowded, it took us two hours, afterward, to walk four blocks back to the Metro station, and another two hours to get home. Under normal circumstances, it might have taken twenty minutes, total.

Souvenirs: lots of leaflets (including a bunch of propaganda-laden pamphlets from right-wing anti-abortionist groups; who the fuck invited them?), two limited-edition Metro cards with Obama's face printed on them (and a little plastic holder, compliments of Metro), the iron-pellet handwarmer Justin bought me when I thought my fingers were going to fall off from the cold. I wanted to spend lots of money patronizing the enterprising homeless vendors on the streets, but, stupid me, I forgot to bring any cash.

But I have leaflets, Metro cards, a handwarmer. Also, memories. Et cetera.

Michelle Obama's ball gown was an atrocity, by the way. I keep refreshing my browser window waiting for Stacy London to post her commentary. We've been anticipating this for weeks.

© Copyright 2009 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631135-obama