*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630148-Weding-Party
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#630148 added January 17, 2009 at 12:56am
Restrictions: None
Weding Party
    Most young people participating in a wedding probably don't realize how important it is. They're having fun and are expecting a big party. But it's so much for all involved.
    Of all the people who could have been bridesmaids or ushers or other attendants, these were CHOSEN by the bride and groom. They are honored to participate. They are held in high esteem by the wedding couple and trusted to fulfill their duties.
    They, in turn, are making a really important statement to the public and to the couple. Their participation is symbolic of their support and encouragement, not only for today, but for a lifetime to this marriage. They will do everything within their abilities to support and encourage the couple and strengthen their marriage in the decades to come. Their sacrifice of time, and sometimes expense, signifies their respect and friendship of the bride and groom.
    To carry off this symbolism, we follow rules of etiquette and custom. We dust off the "manners" books and have rehearsals. It's best not to push perfectionism since humans make mistakes, but we try to do it as best as we can. When a mistake happens, we should be gracious and pleasant and forgiving and remember our priorities for the occasion.If we want to overlook little faux pas, then why do we follow rules and heed these formal guidelines?
    Tradition defines us as a people. Our ceremonies and rituals remind us of our values, and encourages us to be cultured and interactive in good ways with others. They bond us from generation to generation. So weddings are an important part of our culture, and when understood uphold the fabric of our society.
    Here's to doing our roles well. May the young couple appreciate the parents, and groomsmen, and all the others who have come, not just for the party, but to say, we're behind you from now on as a couple.

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630148-Weding-Party