*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630041-Hogan-Hayes--junior
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#630041 added January 16, 2009 at 3:29pm
Restrictions: None
Hogan Hayes ... junior
Hogan Hayes, junior

Hogan will leave come Spring.
The heat of Summer's Hell
in Tulsa, Oklahoma
burns through pale complexions.
Like his job last year at the carnival,
the kids lined up for slurpies,
spilling orange and blue all over him.
He had to scrape off layers every night
to restore his pristine pallor.
Not this summer though.
No need to listen to the brats
who called him without shame:
Albino Dough-boy, Snow-ball, Frosty.
Their parents never asked his given name.
Worse were those who just ignored him
as if he wasn't standing there:
carrot-nosed and cookie buttoned,
top-hat stiff and black. No ...
better to take a job back north.
Where the sun was weak
and the horizon bleak and stainless.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.400] 2009-01-06

In answer to the question, "Why did Frosty leave?" *Smile* Perhaps. Why do any of us leave places where we 'die' or are not appreciated?

I came up with the name Jack then Harold, then Harold Hanson but after reading the Scot, marcushogan I remembered how pale my friend from Tulsa Oklahoma, Daniel Hayes (another Scot) was. So I included T.OK. and changed "Frosty's" name to Hogan Hayes ... junior. *Bigsmile* Ah ... those pale Scots. (Not to be confused with pale Scotch.)

BLAH BLAH BLAH:


I forgot to mention yesterday that Bert did include a Grinch card with his package (see previous blog entry; read; comment.) complete with a photo of himself and Jessica. *Smile*

I took some photos of Celtic Connection yesterday and I am slowly getting photos of people. How I ever lived without Zoom-zoom-zoom I'll never know.

But other than that, went to Spanish Circle and Men's Group. The day was sunny and glorious. This morning, Friday, woke up to thick and nippy frozen fog.

BLOGVILLE

In answer to a question a fellow blogger posed: How do I find so much time to be as interactive as I am on this site? Well ... I don't have a life! *Laugh* As I do get one, I'll have to cut back a tad. And maybe my blah-blah life will get more interesting to read? One can only hope so. *Wink*

It does come with a price, though. I read and type fairly slow and getting an entry to say what I want and look how I want it to is "work" some days. And other days I just feel lazy.

That said ... it is important to realize that some WDC folks have very little internet access and others have very little time. Some are very shy in interacting with others. Some have a lack of self-worth that needs to be buoyed. We all do what we can. Me? I like to interact. *Smile*

WEATHER GNU'S:

It hit -44º yestermorn where vivacious lives in Bismarck, North Dakota; second coldest reading ever. A state record low was set in Maine, -50º in Big Black River. California has set high temps around the Bay area. Here we are bound by frozen fog.

PHOTO:

A nice frost-on-the-window-pane photo (not taken by me):
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle...

Missoula: Fog and 25º at 12:20 MontanaST
Edinburgh, Scotland: 46º at 19:20 GMT

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630041-Hogan-Hayes--junior