*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629624
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #1515755
Spellbound by a handsome rogue, Emily decides to explore her own hidden passions.
#629624 added January 14, 2009 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
Galatories
The shrill ring of the phone aroused me from my daze.  "This is Emily"  I spit out trying to ground myself back into the present. 

"Hey beautiful, you free for lunch?"

"Hi, Brad.  Sure, what delicacy did you have in mind ?"  Brad and I have been friends since our first year in college.  He was the direct opposite of me.  I was cautious, a bit conservative, quiet.  He on the other hand was a daredevil, had never met a stranger, and lived life on the edge.  He was tall, charming and wickedly handsome.  We got along fabulously because we complimented each other.  He was forever taking me to the most fabulous places to eat.  I love fine wines and new foods so he scopes out new delights for me to indulge in.

"Galatorie's?"

"Sounds great.  I'll meet you there in half an hour."  Galatorie's is the grand dame of New Orlean's old-line restaurants which was erected in 1905.  It has been owned by the same family for four generations and serves authentic French Creole cuisine at a level that raises consistency to an art form. It also had some delightful wines which I was definitely going to indulge in after seeing that video.

True to our personalities, I arrived 10 minutes early while Brad arrived 10 minutes late.  He donned his best cheshire grin as an apology and reached for the bottle of wine to serve himself.  He noticed my somber expression right away.

"Ca va?" He inquired his brows knitted in concern.  Whenever he knew it was serious he would speak to me in French knowing that he could get me to open up with intimate details I had difficulty sharing in my native tongue.  Why divulging secrets in a foreign language was easier is a mystery to me.  Most likely it was because that is how we spoke to each other during our freshman year of college.  We met in French class and forged an immediate friendship.  We were both virgins and had purposefully avoided sexual relationships in high school.  However, our libidos were beginning to rage with the freedom of being "on our own."    Soon we became lovers experimenting with our budding sexuality.  It was a sweet tender time.  Neither of us wanted to date exclusively which made the transition from lovers back to life long friends easier.

"Ca va mal", I'm doing bad", I answered honestly.

"Qu'est-ce qui se passe?", What's happening?  He asked.

I poured out my dilemma to him over wine and crab canape's.

"Ma Cherie, it sounds as if you would like to do this."

"WHAT? Why would you say such a thing?"

Brad laughed at my indignation.  He has always referred to himself as my "alter ego."  Teasing me that he actually acted out  what I only conjured in my head.

"Because Emily" he replied, "I would do that in a heartbeat."

Brad excused himself to the men's room while I pondered his insight.

Brad rushed from the table afraid he would spoil the surprise.  Quickly he dialed Aiden's number.

Looking at his caller ID, Aiden picked up, "Hey Brad"

"Hey Aiden.  She got the DVD and it was exactly what I expected.  She is intrigued and scared to death."

"Did you tell her you have been a member of the club for years?"

"No. This has to be her decision.  We have been friends for years and she has always allowed me to lead.  Hell, she would sit at home with a book for the rest of her life if I would have let her."

"Maybe this is too much for her"

"NO!  She LOVES doing new things, exploring.  She is hesitant to try new things at first but once she does she pushes the envelope.  Trust me, she will love this.  Besides, she was immediately attracted to you."

"I was attracted to her too.  Hell, I got an erection shaking her hand for christ's sake!"

"Well, buddy, I had no idea our plan would backfire."  Emily had forbidden Brad to set her up on any more blind dates.  She hated blind dates and she hated being fixed up.  Her philosophy was that she would meet the right guy when it was suppose to happen.  Brad knew it would never "happen" when work and curling up with novels was her life! He'd devised a scheme after seeing Aiden's reaction to a picture of Emily.

Aiden had been to his apartment one night to play poker when a photo of Emily captured his attention.  Mesmerized he said, "Tell me this gorgeous lady is your sister and that she is unattached."  Brad  laughed and explained Emily was a friend but was indeed unattached.

The original plan had been for Aiden to pretend to be a client and then over time seduce her.  He should have known Emily would never allow that.  Aiden realized that immediately when he met her and decided to take a more direct albeit risky approach.

"Well, I have to get back to the table."

"Do you think she'll show Saturday night?"

"Aiden, I'm sure she wants to do it, but once I get a confirmation then I'll help her make her fantasy a reality."

Brad slipped the phone into his pocket as he joined her at the table.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Oh, a colleague called."

"You need to get back?"
"Yes, but before we go, Emily do you want to do this?"

"Brad, I don't know if I can."

"I didn't ask you if you could.  I asked if you wanted?"

Images of that DVD and of her reaction to Aiden danced through her memory. The flush on Emily's face said it all.  "Yes" she whispered, "But..."

"Shh.  I'll help you.  Just trust me.  Be at my place at 7:00 sharp Saturday."

© Copyright 2009 Mytherapy (UN: mytherapy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mytherapy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629624