*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629310-Song-of-Lavinia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#629310 added January 14, 2009 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
Song of Lavinia
Song of Lavinia

         for Lavinia

The choir's notes range high and low,
sweet essence poured from human soul,
they sing of suffering yet know
their songs can surely heal it.

When dreams of youth are crushed with age
the body fears and then it craves
the close embrace of peaceful grave;
yet, one must spend to cache it

until the reason of one's life
is learned, relearned, until sufficed
by knowing pain is just a knife
that cleanses dross from diamonds.

And so her notes range high and low,
sweet essence of her human soul,
Lavinia sings of pain yet knows
her melodies will heal it.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.407] 2009-01-12

Meter is: 8.8.8.7. To be sung like a hymn, but I don't know which tune would be appropriate to use until it has its own. I suspect a majestic tone is better than a rousing military one. *Smile* and a sweet melody better than something atonal, but ... who knows. I'm not a musician. The first quatrain set the meter and iambic rhythm: xXxXxXxX. The loose-rhyme scheme is aaab. The 4th verse echoes the first.

Lavinia is my neighbor; she has actually read my blog, preferring my poetry and explanations. My daily life? Not so much; if she wants to know about the boring aspects of my life *Rolleyes*, she can knock on my door and ask! She sings; she teaches music. Therefore the song above. Now I have to edit before she sees it!

blah:


Okay. It's been a headachy day; however, the back is almost okay. *Smile*

I went to Le Petit and bought another loaf of focaccia ros marino. Love its olive oilyness.

I learned: it helps to charge batteries before using them. Camera is now functioning. Camera-man (me) still doesn't know how to properly use it and may someday read the instructions. Neanderthals are live and thriving ... as every woman knows. *Shock*

BLOGVILLE

What is best for a blog? Rainbowapple , adamgrey and alfred booth, wanbli ska have all gone to short 3 or 4 part entries. I find them easy to digest and comment to. I do something similar, but I'm not consistent. Nada and zwisis have done some delightful travel-logs and Nada and scarlett_o_h have done a delightful series of vignettes complete with pictures taking us through their lives year-by-year; what warriors! partyof5 is just insanely funny, and along with David McClain , is more like reading an article with a focused topic for which PlannerDan sets high composition standards. Others rant, rave, whatever ... and I read those too! "Do what is best for you" is easy for me to say. But what about me ...

My neighbor Lavinia has pointed out what she likes and doesn't about my blog and that was helpful and gave me pause.

1. I need to develop a web-page that highlights my poetry, where visitors can go direct to see more, with links to my blogs, et cetera.

2. I want to discipline myself better to keep my opinions in my "O Pinion" blog, news commentary in my "Watt's Gnus" blog, my angst in my "Hoarfrosts from Hell" tome/tomb, my walks in my "Nurture your Nature" blog and my poetics in a blog I need to revive. This blog then becomes a portal through links to the other blogs; although, I know from experience that the other blogs are read and are on a couple 'my favorites' lists.

So ... someday I'll get around to tweaking this blog; how it looks and how it functions. *Smile* And someday, I'll get new pictures up top as promised. *Wink*

Montana: 37º at 16:00
10,637

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629310-Song-of-Lavinia