*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628323-Happiness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#628323 added January 8, 2009 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Happiness?
Well, yesterday's entry sure laid an egg! And after all that work that went into it. *Shock*

Maybe everyone was on vacation?

HAPPINESS

I try to call a friend once a month just to be infused with his happiness. He's got extra to spare and like the flu it's catching. *Delight*

So why can't I be happy? Maybe I inherited the miserable gene. Maybe my shyness as a child was due to trauma blocking me from connection with others that I've always sought. Maybe I wallow too much in the past. I have always dreamed of the future and still do (but have become better at breaking down dream-like goals into objectives), but try now to live more in the present. I can appear to be hopeful but when I'm giddy it's more like manic than real happiness. Do I say thank you often enough for what I have?

I don't know. It's all a muddle to me some days.

So, sometimes reading a good article can help. One that appeared recently at Yahoo had these suggestions:

1. Simplify
2. Slow down
3. Show gratitude
4. Have hope
5. Feel the real
6. By the Rule of Queen Scarlett we are limited to 5. To see #6 please go to this link:

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/why-youre-not-happy

My thoughts:

To mangle a quote from a movie: "All of us are meant to be happy ... just not me." *Rolleyes*

Daily tantrum

Like dawn,
I want all things
to glow pink, yawn warmly,
to smile, laugh and jump with glee! Just
not me.

© 2009 Kåre Enga [165.401] 2009-01-07

Just for this entry; composed for the halibut.

BLAH blah EEK blah BLAH blah :


Only screamed out once while moving in my bed. This is an improvement. *Bigsmile* Back still not better. But,

Yesterday, I walked to Spanish table at El Cazador for a lunch to bid fare-thee-well to Trish and Virginia who are off to Panama this week. I liked the sopito con picadillo. Had a nice time.

Stopped in to say howdy! to some folks downtown but didn't push it and got back across the bridge safely. The temps have moderated and everything is mushy. I was glad there was no wind. A woman stopped me to have me look at the heron standing at the edge of the ice by the rapids. I guess I had stopped her once before to point out a heron to her! *Bigsmile* Beautiful big grey birds.

Today, I'm looking forward to sushi. It is Wednesday, isn't it? Wonder whether they ever have halibut.

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

"First drum set is stuck on 98 reviews. Alas, I must focus on other things.

My 'zine is two weeks late in coming out. The longer I wait to bring it out, the more it feels like an albatross hovering over me.

Montana: a rainy 42º at 10:00
10,422

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628323-Happiness