*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628181-Getting-to-know-Bunny
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#628181 added January 6, 2009 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Getting to know Bunny.
Dear friends,

I was thinking of Bunny, my friend Meadowlark's mother.

What does she

1a. look like ?
2a. smell like ?
3a. taste like ?
4a. sound like ?
5a. touch like ?

And what does she

1b. see ?
2b. smell ?
3b. taste ?
4b. hear ?
5b. touch ?

6. Through what eyes does she see the world ?

7. And through what eyes do we see her ?

This is important because Bunny is an LDV (a Latter Day Vampire) who lives in North-by-North-West Kansas City, but she was born outside Pest before it was Pest. A long long time ago. She immigrated on a rat infested boat and came to live along the Missouri because there were plenty of rats brought by the pioneers and her friends could be fed during the uncertain days of Bloody Kansas.

She lives with her husband (the local funeral director at Nightengale's Parlor), her son and her daughter, Meadowlark, who has the quirky hobby of growing garlic, something the rest of the family is allergic to. Bunny loves them all.

Her favorite color is baby blue. She loves the clean taste of sashimi; the spicy vegetarian paprikash she makes with her grandmother's recipe. The smell of lilacs turns her stomach (May is a rough month all around) but adores datura (angel trumpets). Chimes and bells heard softly through fog mesmerize her. She loves the smooth touch of rabbit fur, silk, the coldness of copper. She avoids silver. She keeps a hutch of rescued pet rabbits and finds them new homes.

Bunny loves to dance the night away table by table, bar by bar. Only the vermin of the garbage dumps and alleyways need fear her.

If I were to introduce her to you?

I think she'd like you too. *Smile*

paz, tu amigo Ajo, reporter

THE CHALLENGE:

A. Take notes about a real life friend of yours by observation and/or interview. Remember to add any quirks and a few of this person's favorite things. (Like what's your favorite time of day? your favorite memory?) Make their life sing through how they interact with the world around them!

B. Or describe one of your story or novel's characters. They too must come alive to you first and then to the reader. The more based in real life (even fantastical life) interactions with their senses (aliens may have a few we don't) the more they will jump off the page and sit next to the reader as the pages turn and the story unfolds.

POST YOUR THOUGHTS or a CHARACTER SKETCH in the comment box below:
Kansas City: 36.3º at 18:00
10,405

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628181-Getting-to-know-Bunny