*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627257-An-answer-for-Amanda--a-challenge-for-everyone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#627257 added January 1, 2009 at 2:18pm
Restrictions: None
An answer for Amanda ... a challenge for everyone
twyls commented on the comment I made that I'd never been to Kentucky that she should share with me what it is like. I responded:

I'm a low energy person. I have molasses for blood. In winter it just turns to sludge.

Yes. Write about Kentucky. If you go for a walk today note the 5 senses (and note the 6th and 7th as well).

1. What does your walk smell like?
2. Taste like?
3. Touch like?
4. Sound like?
5. Look like?

but:

6. What do you sense out there beyond the 5 senses. What will come of it all?
7. What do you sense deep inside as you pass through this moment in time?

If you take this all down on a regular basis (daily, weekly) you will have captured a corner of Kentucky for all time. One: you will become more aware. Two: if you decide to share, others will see beyond the stereotypes and the two second reads at Wikipedia.


So my challenge to y'all:

Take a few minutes (as long or short as you wish) and answer the 5 senses: taste, touch, smell, sound, sight. Contemplate for a moment to know whether you can answer 6 and/or 7.

I will do this as well when I go outside today and post in the comment section. However, it can be done at the kitchen table, in the livingroom watching football, even changing a baby's diaper (go beyond the cliche smells *Laugh*). We respond to our senses wherever whenever. I only ask that you become conscious of them for a few moments.

And post them as comments here *Smirk*:

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627257-An-answer-for-Amanda--a-challenge-for-everyone