*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626206-O-Pinions-and-opinions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#626206 added December 26, 2008 at 5:13pm
Restrictions: None
"O Pinions" and opinions.
O Pinions

I respond well to prompts. Sometimes my blog responses get windy or worse ... make some twisted-sister sense. *Rolleyes*

So, I have a place, a book/blog to keep them in and expand on them as I choose.

Recently, I have responded at length to wonderful entries by Tor, Debi Wharton and today, Quill O' the Owl.

Excerpts:

"Wal*Mass and the Almighty Market: Bah Humbug!

The Almighty Market has usurped the Holy Day and will now be called Wal*Mass, a season of overwhelming materialism sanctioned by the secular state and promoted by greed and consumption. If you do not celebrate, or not celebrate enough, you will be coerced and derided for your lack of the Holiday Spirit (the Holy Spirit seems to go on vacation ... get out of my way ... where's aisle 303?). Thou must consume! shall be the Number One Commandment. And thus it has become.

There is hope though ...


"Underclass: like underwear on a diarrhea day

The trickle down theory works well for the poor if you are into peeing your pants while standing in a G-forsaken line for who knows how long, unable or un-willing to give up your spot.

Lines R Us is a mantra of the underclass. Fill out this form, fill out that. The city where I lived wanted to register the homeless to allow them to eat. Thankfully the churches told them to stuff that.


"Helping the homeless

It is comforting to know that someone is thinking of the homeless.

...

Will someone freeze to death tonight? Yes. I've experienced that and wrote various poems for Michelle (she died in a park gazebo December 13th, 2004 on a bitter cold night), Susan, Byron, Jeanne ... Will someone be shot to death? Possibly. One man was killed by the police here in Montana when he pulled a gun when they questioned him for illegally camping in the city limits ... about 3 blocks away from here ... Saturday night/Sunday morning.


BLAH BLAH BLAH:


Why does morning have to come so early and bright, he moans at noon, as the weak winter sun stretches its arms to hug the geraniums in the misted windows.

And why this headache?

I had my cocoa and coffee, my buttered baguette. I've taken my shower and now sit here dry. As soon as I'm finished with this entry, I'm headed out!

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

As I mentioned yesterday, it has been 4 years (December 26, 2004) since the earthquake and tsunami hit Aceh, Indonesia and devastated villages in Thailand,, Sri Lanka and elsewhere. So it may be time to reread "Speak soft my name if you haven't. No tears shed in this poem; Nature is not sentimental.

An article today: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081226/ap_on_re_as/as_tsunami_commemoration

I'm making progress in my round of blogs ...

Montana: *Smile* 26.2º at 15:08
10,029

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626206-O-Pinions-and-opinions