*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625766-1892---the-poem
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#625766 added December 24, 2008 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
1892 - the poem
1892

Eighteen-ninety-two, April the Twenty-fifth:
my Grandmother's born,
Teresa Menztzell (Pittsburgh, I think);
my Mom comes along thirty Years later and me
thirty Years after that.
By Nineteen-eighty-two my Grandmother's Ninety.
And I have no Daughters or Sons
to continue the Line. You're ten Years old,
but I don't know that.
In the Year you turn Thirty,
you have a Son in your Arms.
It's Two-thousand-two and you're more than happy.
And my sad sorry Tale?
The End
is something I must be resigned to accept.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.380.J1892] 2008-12-16


I noticed my Journal had hit page 1892, which was the year of my mother's mother's birth ... from that the writing flowed.

BLAH BLAH BLAH (... already):


"My mind is gathering stray thoughts like straw behind a baler. One: "the scent of seawood & the umami of desire." Another: "what ichor trickled into the sands of the cum stained strand of Fire Island when O'Hara and his poetry was lost forever". I was thinking of Frank O'Hara who was run over by a Jeep in '66. Yesterday, I wrote, "Ode to a blue BIC lighter" about 'retiring' the lighter Frankie gave me when I visited Missoula last December. I bought an orange one to light the eyes of the stove and votive candles. The smell of lilac was wonderful last night; the room warm. Cool when I took my morning shower, though. I used the OOB herbal conditioner Donna sold me yesterday. OOB = old ornery beard. I just told Michelle @ CC: "I had my life all planned out, but reality rearranged it". Not true, of course, it was never planned out, but I did have hopes and dreams ... and bad acne. <<forgive, let go, move on & live in the present>> or something like that, she told me.

Tea & sympathy, a corner of Celtic Connection, chatting about Irish culture, inspiration, overcoming apathy, as we conspire to channel our winter's woe into the wells of spring as snowflakes fall." [J1899]

I was waxing poetic while eating my English mince pie and sipping Irish tea. *Smirk*

And didya ever wonder how they plow the streets here in Missoula? On Main and on Higgins they plow everything to the center. Where I grew up they plowed to the sides blocking sidewalks and driveways. The light snow we are having is slowly, but surely, piling up. But nothing like the 2 feet my mother and sister got in the suburbs of Buffalo, New York over the last three days.

MILLSTONES & MILESTONES:

I decided to up my gps to 750 for "First drum set as it is a seasonal poem (kinda) to see whether I could push it over 100 r/r. So far it is working. It has received 8 new reviews and now's up to 89 and has 796 views overall! So, go read it if you haven't done so already; most of my blog readers have I assume.

This blog is approaching 10k views as well and that is yet another type of milestone.

Have you ever used the bid-click system here? Since I have had enough gps, I've put some of my poems on bid-click. I've found that it helps with views and snags an occasional review as well.

Afterall, most of us writers want to be read. I don't promote my writings well, but I do promote some.

My millstone? Submitting to poetry magazines. *Frown*

Montana: *Snow3* 17º at 14:45
9,966

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625766-1892---the-poem