*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624877-you-would-think
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#624877 added December 17, 2008 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
you would think
You would think that I would do this more regularly... but I am not. What gives? Too many evenings watching someone elses writing on TV. Why? I don't know... ok, cop out. It is easy to just sit and watch. It is not like I am reading or even catching up on my writing... just lumping.

Of course, I do use the excuse that I am spending my day in my head at work. I just got a job in database building and quality control. It is very different, and takes tons of brainwork every day. The job is close to the house, so I am walking to work. Somehow, come evening time, there I am vegging out... kind of literally, since I mostly eat vegetarian ( no- not a fanatic, serve pot roast and I am all over it, I mostly choose veges though).

The other point of my days seems to be taking longish walks. I keep reading where it is one of the most basic and effective aerobic exercises out there. I get in the weather some and get things moving. And, it takes some time out the schedule. One of the better parts of my newish job is the short walk to work. Still don't seem to be dropping any pounds, though. Check back in a few months, though, and let's see where that all is.

I keep getting this pop up on the computer, Firefox wants to update some of my extensions... I AM NOT DOING IT. I wonder how I can make it stop? Oh, yeah, I am not doing it because I read the other day that some of the netbot password stealin', raid your bank account not up to any goodniks from Eastern Europe are using those holes in browsers to plant bugs in the machine to "steal passwords" mostly the banking ones. So, at some point, I am going to head to the Mozilla web site and download the most recent version of Firefox and try to figure out how to turn these annoying messages off.

81 days? What? I have not done this in 81 days? Goodness, that has been awhile. I haven't mentioned my peace walk last month then... my annual pilgrimage with a local Buddhist temple. I tend to be multi-faith myself after a childhood in the Catholic tradition. So, some days I do the childhood's religion thing (although, it has been awhile, too, come to think of it). Some days, I do the other Christian walk thinks. On occasion I even find myself at some more off the beaten esoteric Newish Age-y kinds of paths thingies. I find that the older I get the more I trust looking at the Fruits of the Spirit (see Galatians... can't think of the chapter right at this moment) for guidance.

I am finding out more and more that some people I encounter encourage the gifts to "bubble" up all around them while others seem to stomp them into mud like patties and splatter them around. They look all official or "top drawer" in their appearance, but 10 minutes into being around them, you want to take a shower well, I do, I can't speak for you. I am aiming to make my life one of the ones that lift people up and help them smile... I guess we'll keep seeing.

And, look, about all the time is up for me for now... here is to going less than 81 days next time.

© Copyright 2008 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624877-you-would-think