*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624188-Marie-Celestine--Spiders-for-supper
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#624188 added December 17, 2008 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
Marie Celestine & Spiders for supper
Marie Celestine

Oh, what can it mean,
when you politely ask for a dime
or eyes glazed over
smile to yourself.

Which voice chuckles
when you huddle with your stuff
one cup of coffee
warming wrinkled hands.

And which band
plays songs in your mind.
Would it be unkind to ask
and can you spare the time.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.361] 2008-12-1

One of the street women I would see at The Break is very quiet, but one day at the university she asked for a spare dime to make copies. Nothing more .... just a dime. I do not know her name, but Marie Celestine seems to fit. She reminds me of the mother in the movie "Bleu".

ME:


Zero. Yep. That was the temp at 8 p.m. when I got back from Bernice's across the street. The temp is falling. May get above zero on Sunday ... may not.

I thought I had a party to go to today. I found the house but there weren't any footprints and I didn't know which door to go to. Since I live close I went back home and looked for my notes. Oh, well, the party is NEXT Saturday. *Blush*

There were kayakers in the river today. The slower channel is slushing up. The snow has drifted to the west side of things. Tomorrow the Hellgate winds are supposed to howl. I have an appointment at 8 p.m. on the other side of the bridge. *Frown*

FOOTBALL:

Spiders for supper. Yep.

The Griz had bobcat two weeks in a row, then wildcat, then royalty. Next Friday evening the 19th they'll have spider on the menu. Of course, the Richmond team that defeated UNI 21-20 today may beg to differ. *Laugh*

High school and college football are big in Montana. There are no professional teams and we aren't exactly near Seattle, Denver or Salt Lake or anywhere else of note. So having two teams in championship games is special. (The other team is Carroll College in Helena who'll play on the 20th for the NAIA championship.)

It's like this ... you're on a Pacific island and all they have are coconuts ... you play with coconuts. *Rolleyes*

Montana: 0º at 20:00
9649

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624188-Marie-Celestine--Spiders-for-supper