*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623875-What-remains
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#623875 added December 12, 2008 at 1:19am
Restrictions: None
What remains
What remains

Fingers shake
and wrinkled knuckles
bestir the quake of carotid veins.

In this season of lengthening sorrows
and dying nerves,
hardened arteries twitch and then still.

Only the will to survive remains strong,
defying the weakening sun
when stars blink once
then are gone.

In the blackness of space
and the gap between neurons
electrons spin out of control,
attracted only to positive points
of light cursing strains.

For in this season of reflection and sorrows
it's only our love that remains.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.371] 2008-12-10

Don't remember the prompt. Needs lots of work, but why should I care?

Blah-Blah-Blah:


So Katie (a.k.a. Lady Pyjamas) puts out this little 'zine called Blah-Blah-Blah. Which describes daily living for most of us. So Ima gonna use it as part of my bloggy thingy.

Went to a reading of short stories tonight by the workshop group that meets at Fact & Fiction. Got to talk to some folks and a couple of the short stories were good. Met someone who graduated from Kansas in '95. We spoke about the culture of Kansas City that neither of us find attractive.

Visited Lilian's up in the Rattlesnake for Spanish Circle. Looked at her pics of Costa Rica and chatted in Spanish as usual. Lilian's from the Italian speaking part of Switzerland and speaks about 5 languages and this group includes world travelers. Very pleased to feel included by them.

I actually got up earlier today after a rough bout with nightmares. Even managed to buy milk, eggs and bug spray (my geraniums have aphids).

Just another blah-blah day. Friday promises a football game though. *Smile*

As for weather ... while New Orleans was getting snow we were 44 and sunny. That changes this weekend when temperatures below zero are expected.

Montana: 27º at 16:00
9612

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623875-What-remains