*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622719-Two-busy-days
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#622719 added December 6, 2008 at 2:45am
Restrictions: None
Two busy days
ME:

Friday was grey which albeit dreary but not as scary as two sunny days in a row in December in Missoula. *Bigsmile*

I have this urge to write an intro to Blood of the Garlic. A tour, shall we say of North-by-North-West Kansas City and the denizens of the dusk who live there. Poetic perhaps, kinda like a haibun. *Wink*

Did lots of stuff on Thursday. The writer's meeting at Franses' place was great. Met Kathleen, Kate, Nona, Parris. Franses (of the 17 bookcases) is Dutch so she noticed the name Knyflok (which is Frisian) as knoflook is garlic in Dutch. She sent us away with candy and nuts. This group gathers about twice a month. They are having a party for Nona who has just published a book for children. She read excerpts from the one she is working on now. A couple chapters where her Norwegian immigrants (~ 1880) have been waylaid and killed by robbers. Not a child's story.

Kate read a wonderful uplifting Christmas tale that needs to be published somewhere. I read "Dancing with the Luna Moth" (see previous blog entry). *Laugh* It got positive reviews.

First Friday is wacky downtown with all the art crowd checking out the new exhibits. But ... I didn't really go as I got an invite to play Mah Jong at Sherri's. I actually won twice at the beginning. *Shock* I got thoroughly licked by Hugo the blond puppy (I was wearing black). Rose took me back downtown. There was frozen precipitation coming down. One of the latest first snow dates on record. I managed to get to Celtic Connection before the party broke up and then to The Break. I'm keeping busy. *Smile*

And my replacement visa card came today, so I'm feeling good to go.

Tonight I found out that the U Buffalo Bulls football team (8-5) defeated Ball State (12-1) 42-24 for the MAC title. They will play their first bowl game ever (they turned down an invitation in 1958 because their black players would not have been allowed to play; the 1958 team is invited to join them.). It has been a long wait. Interestingly, Turner Gill, Buffalo's coach, is one of the few black coaches in 1A football.

Today I'll attend the Montana - Weber State rematch in the FCS playoffs.

Montana: 30º at 00:22 *Snow2*
9459

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622719-Two-busy-days