*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620263-Two-Thanksgivings
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#620263 added November 24, 2008 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
Two Thanksgivings
*Note* I am sitting here in my nightgown pecking on the computer instead of being en route to work.

*Smirk* *Smirk* *Smirk* *Smirk* *Smirk*

*Note* Matt was called on to help take up the collection at church last night. He did a good job - I was proud of his little self. Only after church did I realize that his shirt was on backwards. *Rolleyes* I manage to send him to school EVERY DAY with his shirt on correctly - why would I pick that particular time not to notice?

*Note* Anna Claire went to the bathroom after church, and after a minute, we heard a screech. Turns out, she dropped her elephant down the drain. She has this tiny little plastic elephant that she got from somewhere. She's named it, and that elephant is her FRIEND, you understand. Sam had to take the pipe off and get it out.

*Note* We are having our Thanksgiving with my mother Wednesday. That's because my two step-brothers are coming to have Thanksgiving with her Friday and she needs a break in-between the two of us. Why doesn't she just have all of us at once? No idea - she just prefers to keep the two families separate for some reason.

So, Thursday we have been invited to our Music Minister's house - when they found out we were having our Thanksgiving on Wednesday, they invited us. Which was nice, but I didn't tell them that it suited me fine just to sit at home on Thursday. For YEARS I have been wanting to just be able to sit down and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade without having to run back and forth and cook. But they aren't having dinner until about 4:00, so that works out. Plus, the kids like going to their house because they have a pool table, an air hockey table, and a trampoline. Hooray! Peace and quiet.

*Note* Now - I'm off to do some serious goofing around for my first "official" day off.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620263-Two-Thanksgivings