*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619877-Twilight-Mania-and-The-Weirdness-That-Is-Me
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#619877 added November 22, 2008 at 2:28am
Restrictions: None
Twilight Mania and The Weirdness That Is Me...
I have boycotted Twilight.

Not because of some twisted morality bit or teen angst or whatever. Its the fact that everyone and their dog and hamster and bus driver seem to be talking about this freakin' movie like its the Second Coming. I mean, geez, people! Standing outside in freezing temperatures, for hours, waiting to see the first showing of a movie about vampires and teenage love which has been done time and time again... it's... it's insanity.

Here's the funny - I'd probably like the movie. I usually do, but I won't see it for a couple of years based on pure principle. Did the same with Da Vinci Code, Harry Potter, and High School Musical (haven't seen this one yet... my gag reflex still acts up at the mention of the name). But when everywhere I turn there's someone screaming about how good a movie or book is I automatically rebel, shouting at the top of my lungs "someone shoot me".

It's a natural reflex. Rather like flinching when getting punched in the arm.

I couldn't get into the book. There was something about the girl character (Bela, I believe) that felt like hot coals on my nerves. She pressed my annoy button one too many times for comfort. Given time I'll probably take another whack at it, but right now I want to hide out in a bomb shelter with a stack of Harlan Coben and Jennifer Crusie books, and wait out the Twilight bonanza that has overtaken the world. 

*shuts door to bunker*

Someone tell me when its over.

"The soul, secure in her existence, smiled at the drawn dagger and defies its point."

.:LdyPhoenix:.

© Copyright 2008 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619877-Twilight-Mania-and-The-Weirdness-That-Is-Me