*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/618586-Aphro-Dis-Fig-Bat-Geek-Bedding
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#618586 added November 15, 2008 at 1:26am
Restrictions: None
Aphro-Di's Fig-Bat Geek Bedding
Aphro-Di's Fig-Bat Geek Bedding

"Yo, Phroda"

Vee's new about-to-be-squeeze didn't turn her head. He'd got over Hair-don't not-so-long ago ("Too many snakes, man", Promo had told me.) but he was back in the game.

"Yo! How about some tzatziki to go with this pita. It's a bit dry and needs some lubrication."

Aphro-Di sauntered over, pursed her lips. "If my brother hears you talking like this, he'll tell Zoo-you-know-who and you'll be checking your zipper to see what's been zapped. My last boyfriend was char-broiled and no good after that!" Vee's friends snickered.

"You're mean, Phroda-phedora. I wouldn't treat you like that. After-all, Zoo's all for me taking you off his hands. You're too much to handle, he said."

She slapped down some hummus with a hearty grump. "Choke on this." Then flaunted off.

Vee smiled. Aphro was the meanest bitchiest beaut of the bunch. "Juicy like melons," he'd once told his friends. "More like figs," Promo'd replied. "She's older than our dead great-grandmothers. Imagine the wrinkles." "Ah, but those wrinkles are good enough for Zoo and I wouldn't mind a salty taste or two."

"Be that way. Only bats pollinate figs."

"You mean flies," Vee replied.

"No, actually wasps. But remember she stings. Hair-don't only had snakes in her lair. Aphro's a warrior and doesn't play fair."

"You don't say."

"And what would she want with an old vamp like you that stays up all night with a lamp staring at blinking blue screens and sleeps through the day?"

"Piece."

"She's a warrior, man."

"I said piece as in a piece of my ..."

Their laughter drowned out Vee's voice as Aphro-deity came back with a plate.

"Oysters?"

"My specialty. They're not called aphrodisiacs in my honor for nothing." Aphro-Di winked.

Vee blushed the color of lizards he had consumed late last night (he had no blood of his own).

'And here's my number if think you can handle me all night."

"Alright!" Vee exclaimed. (He looked stunned.)

"Hey, be careful" whispered Promo. "Her last beau lasted only till 3 and crawled over to my place lame and whimpering at me. There wasn't enough left of him to even light my flame."

"I guess it time to eat up. Save me some ouzo" Vee yelled at Aphro, her back straight as a quiver of arrows as she receded into the night.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.342] 2008-11-14

I hope none of you think I'm serious. *Laugh* I thought of all our friends out there struggling with NaNo and all the poetic literary sorts and scrambled vampires and Greek gods like mixed metaphors. I do not do narrative; I do not do dialogue: I do not write stories. And since I row down the River of Denial without oars, I stick to my lies like brown on lice.

ME:


Well other than totally losing it ... I misplaced my phone. I breathed in and out and got through the crisis with the help of the Mah Jong group, especially Rose-is-Rose, who liked the poem I wrote for her, by-the-way. My phone was at home happy but all alone, except for the gas leaking from the stove because I forgot to turn off the spigot.

No prob ... open up a window.

(See, I know how to cope) Note the parentheses

I had peanut creole soup at Butterfly Herbs this afternoon, but was shaking a bit (who knows why *Rolleyes*). This dissipated while talking to Lady Pajamas about zines and poetry submissions.

So, a blah-blah-blah day. How was yours?

*Leaf4* *Leaf4* *Snow2* *Leaf1* *Leaf4* *Leaf4* *Leaf5* *Leaf4* *Snow1* *Leaf4* *Leaf3*

Montana: 36º at 21:00.
9099

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/618586-Aphro-Dis-Fig-Bat-Geek-Bedding