*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617774-Ems-birthday
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#617774 added November 10, 2008 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
Em's birthday
I just called work and told them I'd be late. I needed to put a breather in between this busy weekend and getting to work. One thing I am going to do is actually sit at my kitchen table and eat breakfast - a rare pleasure for me. You see the other thing I'm going to do - a blog entry. My first class isn't until 10:00, so I have a minute.

I didn't get Em the lava lamp, but I did LOOK at them. Right there next to the lava lamps was something I thought she'd like better. It's a little electronic light display thingy - pretty hard to describe, so I'll give you a link:

http://www.zerotoys.com/newsite/products/StringinIt.htm

Also, one day in church recently, my mind drifted off to what I could get for Em's birthday, and the following idea came to me, and I wound up doing it. My mother and grandmother both contributed, so it was from all three of us.

We got her one of those round folding chairs with a pink cushion. I wasn't sure what they were called, but the tag said "Dish Chair" - my thought was because it looks like a satellite dish. *Laugh* To go with it, we got one of those extremely furry and fluffy rugs, as well as a throw blanket - both purple - and a whimsical lamp with a pink shade. My grandmother had a low glass-topped table she was no longer using to put the lamp on. Also, a little stuffed dog picked up at Dollar General for $2.00.

So, now she has her own little personal space to sit and read, or whatever.. She loves it, and now I feel smug for thinking it up.

Also, we had homemade chocolate cake - *Bigsmile* - and ice cream. Plus she got two outfits, some pants and a shirt, and a purple windsuit.

Oh, to be eleven years old and make out like a bandit on your birthday. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617774-Ems-birthday