*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617601-Change-and-Rememberance
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#617601 added November 9, 2008 at 6:58am
Restrictions: None
Change and Rememberance
This past week has brought about great change in this country. The path of history that my grandparents foresaw in their future took a huge U-turn somewhere in South Carolina and headed back up North. I am extremely proud of the progress the people have made, not just in the choice of our new leader, but in the effort put. More people voted in this election than in the past elections of the past two decades. Statistics where only 33% of people under the age of 25 were likely to vote or participate in a campaign were completely shot to hell this past Tuesday. We have changed history in more ways than one.

But change is the one constant in life. And with it comes responsibility.

Too often people forget the past mistakes we've made as ruling parties. This nation, in its current form, was started by people being repressed by their leaders. Although their intent was true, the execution was quite faulty, destroying what already existed to create something we live by today.

We all come from people who have oppressed or were oppressed. We have in our blood the sins of both sides. Yet soon, we forget, and choose to repeat the same mistakes in the hope that the outcome will be different.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. How many things in our current economic and global crises have happened in the once before? How many times must we go through the ravages of something, hoping that, just this one time, we will be victorious? These same things happened to some of the greatest recorded empires in the world. Hubris is our motivation. Sometimes I find myself comparing America to a teenager with  a no limit credit card.

So, here is my wish for the new coming year. May the changes set forth run fast and true and honorable on their path. And may we never forget our mistakes, but learn from them so our children and their children will not have to pay the ultimate price.

Check out these statics on WDC - they're fantastic and speak the topic of this blog entry.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1493411 by Not Available.


 November 5, 2008  (13+)
I tried to put into writing my thoughts on this auspicious day of celebration.
#1492512 by J. A. Buxton


 HAVE U HUGGED YOUR CONSTITUTION LATELY?  (E)
HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR CONSTITUTION LATELY?
#1492193 by DragonBlue


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1488876 by Not Available.
 

© Copyright 2008 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617601-Change-and-Rememberance