*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/616431-Evening-the-score-at-the-sushi-palace
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#616431 added November 3, 2008 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
Evening the score at the sushi palace
I voted today. Remember Daly's axiom? Vote Early And Often! In Chicago the Day of the Dead lasted until the votes were counted. *Smirk* The dead were admonished if they didn't vote right.

For those of you interested in a world view of the U.S. election, there is this article from Newsweek:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/166910

Apparently, there is expectation worldwide and not just in Ohio. I posted this before:

http://iftheworldcouldvote.com/

Obviously, the Obama fans are voting! Just remember that this reflects the opinion of the more educated and connected. Still, the numbers are interesting. McCain seems to have more support in Eastern Europe and Venezuela than elsewhere.

Tomorrow I'll find a place to watch the results, maybe at the Wilma. By midnight MST (Montana Standard Time) some results should be clear.

Evening the score at the sushi palace

Jaws of the fish hinge open.

Wide enough to allow the lines
that wait outside to take the bait:

the sweet, the white-on-rice pieced sweetness.

The hinges gape.
The hinges close.
The hinges smile
then swallow.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.313] 2008-10-25

Thinking of sushi. *Bigsmile*

ME:


A bit better today. Still low energy, but I got out to vote and because I had an absentee ballot I managed to avoid the line that slithered down the hall. On the way back I joked with a couple that I should have snapped a picture of them kissing on the corner of Main and Higgins. They laughed and the woman introduced herself as Monica Lindeen. She's running for state auditor. Then approaching on the other side of the street? Steve Bullock and Denise Juneau who are running for attorney general and state superintendent of public instruction. Also, the chairman of Montana's Democratic Party, Dennis McDonald.

Almost felt like I got lost and wound up in Helena by mistake. *Rolleyes*

I did manage to eat spaghetti for lunch at the Senior Center; for $5 it's such a good deal. Last night I sauteed leeks and reddish lobster mushrooms and added water and pasta. While it simmered I wrote another "Blood of the Garlic" short story featuring Thoom (who is making leek and potato soup) and Bunny (an ancient vampire, Meadowlark's mother). Bunny reminisces about her grandmother who cooked leeks and named her Bunny. So ... no NaNo for me, but the stories come as they will. *Wink*

Yester-night was the parade for the Day of the Dead. It was raining but I managed to see the banners, the 12 foot (?) tall skeleton, the dancers, the drums. I would've enjoyed it more if I were dry.

I just sent this from my phone to my email. A young lady at Bernice's helped me. Who would've thought it would be so easy? It's not great, but for a night photo taken by my cell-phone, not shabby. (Is that a penguin on the banner? I couldn't tell.)



I'm drinking free coffee at Bernice's. They are celebrating 30 years! (A lifetime for a Missoula business *Delight*) A slide show:

http://missoulian.com/123-2008/bernices/

*Leaf4* *Leaf2* *Snow2* *Leaf1* *Leaf2* *Leaf4* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Snow1* *Leaf4* *Leaf3*

Montana: 49º at 16:30. Snow on the mountains to the north and south.
8924

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/616431-Evening-the-score-at-the-sushi-palace