*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615696-In-the-folds-of-the-mountain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#615696 added October 30, 2008 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
In the folds of the mountain
In the folds of the mountain

Shadows no longer robust give way to weak sun.
In the tenth hour, this tenth month, winter
must wait till autumn's dismembered
and the locust unraveled. The elm still dulls green
and defiant in spite of the chill. Its will
lives strong in its veins, a community of leaves
that hangs on forever. But forever
lasts only three seasons
and this one approaches its end.
The sun grows weaker and mountains remember
they must fend for themselves.
On bare slopes the shadows grow stronger each day.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.315] 2008-10-26

I look at the shadows on the mountain side. The sun does not dispel some of them till almost noon. In the Season-of-Lengthening-Shadows we are thankful that there is any sun at all.

ME:


Sushi.6 doesn't look like the others so I did accomplish something. I went to Kinkos to copy the black on yellow poetry side, cut, fold, cut again. I even managed to finish off a few with scüncis (in various subtle autumnal colors) to keep them closed. Look fairly good to me. One young worker at Kinkos was impressed with the creativity involved. (I love genuine and unexpected comments from people who don't know me. *Delight*)

Now ... what to do for Sushi.7? *Rolleyes*

Not as sunny at the moment. We've been blessed with perfect autumn weather. That will change! Hope it's not rainy for the game on Saturday. It's a big one.

I sit here in my room with incense burning, geraniums blooming, my sweet light coffee waiting to be sipped and wonder ... who's gonna clean this dump *Bigsmile*. The answer? That would be me ... *Shock* ... when I get to it. Truthfully, I tend to let everything go when I'm focused on a project, unless I'm nervous and uncertain then I use cleaning, cooking, reading blogs, anything as an excuse or distraction; or, if the nerves are too out-of-whack, neither gets done.

*Leaf4* *Leaf2* *Leaf3* *Leaf1* *Leaf2* *Leaf4* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Snow1* *Leaf4* *Leaf3*

Montana: 54º at 17:00
8815

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615696-In-the-folds-of-the-mountain