*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615338-Moon-and-lace
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#615338 added October 29, 2008 at 3:16am
Restrictions: None
Moon and lace
Moon and lace

1

The sweet-corn moon rises and falls
in the light after midnight:
sweaty,
glistening.
The lace curtains sway to a gentle rhythm
of breathe in then breathe out.
This nightly rise and fall of an empire
and me the emperor.

2

The apple crescent blushes
at the crisp beckoning autumn;
the lace curtains hang limp in shut windows
yet let in the moon.
And I'm still the emperor
of this cold lunar landscape.
After midnight:
glistening sweat, the gentle rhythm of breath
and me plucking an Empire,
juice dribbling on my chest.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.314] 2008-10-26

I'll let you all guess what this is about and when and why I wrote it. Hint: it was Saturday night and the students tried to shock each other ... and mostly failed. Subtlety is a fragile tool that teenagers and twenty somethings learn to use later in life (if at all).

ME:


I cooked up some peas and pasta again, but added lamb and beef and butter and peanut butter ... and curry. *Bigsmile* It turned out fine, albeit a bit bland ... needed more curry. *Smirk*

Michelle at Celtic Connection mentioned that I should publish the children's poems with illustrations. She has been very supportive. Mentioned again that folks have come in asking about Sushi.

Alas, a poor abandoned Sushi.4 was found by someone who then e-mailed me asking whether it was a promotion for Sushihana! It isn't, but when he went there they told him that I come in every Wednesday. *Smile* He has a business and thought that this was a great idea. So maybe I'll run across him tomorrow? I'll have Sushi.6 in hand.

Tricia, who I meet at the Spanish table at Dauphine's, works through/for Lightning Source (associated with Ingram), and knows how to do self-publishing as print-on-demand. I've seen works done through Lightning Source, both here and in Kansas and was impressed.

*Leaf4* *Leaf2* *Leaf3* *Leaf1* *Leaf2* *Leaf4* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Snow1* *Leaf4* *Leaf3*

Montana: 39º at 01:00.
8765

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615338-Moon-and-lace