*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614632-Watch-out-here-comes-an-opinion
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#614632 added October 25, 2008 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
Watch out, here comes an opinion
The Halloween costumes in the stores work on my nerves.

Yeeessss, I KNOW that the politically correct thing now is to not celebrate Halloween or to call it something else like a Harvest Festival. I understand if you don't like Halloween, and that's OK. To me, Halloween is simple: all the kids in the community looking all cute and getting to play dress up, not to mention the WHAT? *all together now* The FREE CANDY!

I digress. (I've always wanted to write that.) They have jacked the Halloween costumes prices up so far out of sight you need a telescope to see where they stop. Who remembers paying $3.99 for a little mask with an elastic band and a little vinyl smock thingy? Or, better, throwing a sheet over your head and heading out the door? I have an inherent THING about spending a lot of money for ONE day's pleasure. Besides, I have three.

Anna Claire originally wanted to be Hannah Montana. Haha. We are talking at LEAST $35.00 here. Is she ever going to wear it again? Is she going to walk around for a few weeks being Hannah Montana? Heh heh. No, this money will be spent for . . . *all together now* . . .ONE NIGHT of fun.

Stingy. That's me.

Right now we are trying to head down the road of looking around the house for a costume. Emily doesn't like wearing anything that''s flashy, loud, or tacky - hooray! - even for Halloween, so she has already said that she just wants to put on her soccer uniform and be a soccer player for Halloween. We have a little denim vest with leather trim that Anna Claire can wear with a little cowboy *AHEM* cowGIRL hat that she can borrow from her brother. Now all we have to do is figure Matt out something.

They will be just as precious as the people with the store costumes. More precious, in fact. Even if they weren't, nobody will be looking at them in particular or remember later that those little Whatsit children had to wear costumes that they just thought up.

And I won't be out $100 just for something to wear for ONE NIGHT.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614632-Watch-out-here-comes-an-opinion