*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614409-Whaddaya-know
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#614409 added October 23, 2008 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
Whaddaya know?
One time when I worked at the public library, I had a lady to call and ask if we had a book about the anatomy of a horse. Oddly enough, since this was a tiny little library, we did. She came in to check it out, and told me why she wanted it. Her horse was sick and the vet was having trouble fixing whatever was wrong. Therefore, she had talked her chiropractor into coming out and working on the horse, and he wanted something he could study first. Hence, the library book.

Well, I didn't let it show in front of the lady, but I thought this was hysterical. Coincidentally, a friend of ours whose husband was a chiropractor came by the apartment that night. Well, of COURSE I couldn't resist telling this story, expecting her to fall out laughing, just as I had. When I got to the end of my tale, she said, "Oh, sure. Roger's worked on horses before, and we have a lady who brings her cat in all the time."

I was speechless at that, but it made a delightful sequel to the original story. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614409-Whaddaya-know