*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/613567-I-thught-I-saw-a-fox
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#613567 added October 19, 2008 at 1:49am
Restrictions: None
I thught I saw a fox
I thought I saw a fox

No wafts of wind nor wing,
nary a bird in sight;
is that all that's missing?
my thoughts take flight above this flowing water,
where a brown slink of fur
blends into leaves and logs
abandoned by trees
where the river mirrors
gleams of gold
floating past worn rock and sand
and the trout fly-fisher-man.
No chirps. No breeze.
In the calm of autumn,
October falls one leaf by leaf,
to be carried off to the sea.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.302] 2008-10-17

I was standing on the Madison Street bridge when I thought I saw a dog, cat or fox (my eyesight isn't good). My first line/thought was "what is missing?"

ME:


The Griz won 43-7 over Sacramento State. I was very tired, so the game did not keep me from yawning.

The morning started out drizzly as I went to the final farmer's market and bought chanterelle and lobster mushrooms as well eggplant, leeks, pears, curds, feta.

By afternoon the sun came out and the day was beautiful.

I went to The Break, read the newspaper, did the sudoku, made more booklets of Sushi.3 and Sushi.5. Tried to stay awake.

Tonight though I found an abandoned bucket (with wringer) and a chest of drawers (I got help getting it up two flights of stairs). Yesterday, I found vegetable baskets (y'know, the wire kind you hang up: small, medium, large). I'm really doing well finding stuff. *Bigsmile*

And Nancy gave me a pot of rooted cuttings (including pothos) *Cool*.

My list of things I need is getting shorter.

This week is going to be hectic. The Montana Book Festival looms Friday and Saturday and I need to be ready.


*Leaf1* *Leaf2* *Leaf3* *Leaf1* *Leaf2* *Leaf4* *Leaf1* *Leaf3* *Snow1* *Leaf5* *Leaf3*

Montana: 51º at 23:18. Mild and damp.

8510

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/613567-I-thught-I-saw-a-fox