*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612434-Soccer-and-a-movie
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#612434 added October 12, 2008 at 8:44am
Restrictions: None
Soccer and a movie
Matt won one game and lost one yesterday. Under-sixes are too little to play two games in a row - all of them got worn out for the second game. But there was a cool breeze, the kids were cute, and it was a good day. Several people from our church came to see Matt play, so that made him feel good. He scored several goals.

I had promised the kids that we would get a movie, so we went by Blockbuster and got several. If you have small children, don't let them see The Last Mimzy. The box doesn't look like it would be a scary movie, but it was. Matt laid there and went to sleep, so he missed it. Emily, at almost 11 years old, handled it fine. But Anna Claire got so scared that she started to cry. I took her to her room and sat with her until she went to sleep. I felt a little guilty for not sitting in the room - I usually make it a point to watch any new movies with them to make sure it is okay, but since we had been at the soccer field, I was trying to get a few things done around the house. The one time I flop on that, it winds up being a bad movie. *Rolleyes* It's hard to get movies that a 10-year-old, a 7-year-old, and a 5-year-old will all enjoy.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612434-Soccer-and-a-movie