*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609166-Minstrel-of-the-mountain-pass
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#609166 added September 26, 2008 at 12:46am
Restrictions: None
Minstrel of the mountain pass
Minstrel of the mountain pass

Aeolian might.
Strung tight,
spaced just right:
to amplify the whispers of zephyrs,
to echo the melodies of mountains,
to wrestle angry gusts that howl through nights,
to add the missing harmonies.

This language of isobars
of pressure
of crescendos clashing
when a front approaches,
whistling through gaps between the pines
whining through wires that cross its path.

A sound of harp.
A choir of harps.
Releasing a cacophony of fury,
recording the discord of the passing storm,
healing with chords of relief.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.277] 2008-09-23

I dunno. Just a random thought ...

ME:


I'm not sleeping well; probably too much on my mind. I wandered down the street and bought a sweetgrass scented votive candle. Tonight it's lit.

Had sweet and sour chicken for lunch and set with Myrt. Slowly meeting people at the Senior Center.

They didn't have a mirror though. I need to get to Goodwill. Could use some household items. I carry my shaver and use out-of-the-way public restrooms to trim my beard. *Laugh*

Sushi.3

... is finished. I had difficulty choosing which ones because there was such broad support for many; but, I chose 10 in the end. I could rummage around and maybe find more I've forgotten about, write a few perhaps and mix with the 10 that had admirers that didn't make the cut today. Use the ones that float to the top for another Sushi. *Smile*

The favorites were:

#3 To catch the moon

The ball in the sky floats white at night;
beyond where my dog can fetch it.
The stars in the sky twinkle delight;
they laugh that we cannot catch it.

#8 Moon daisies

In summertime when nights are breezy,
I sleep with angels close by my side,
rock with the blooms of fresh moon daisies,
sing my own lullaby.

I also printed: 1, 5, 6, 12, 16, 19, 23, 29.

They have a neon rose front cover, a medium bright blue back cover, and 5 sheets sandwiched in between (two poems per, front and back) of neon indigo, neon lime, neon yellow, neon orange and neon pink. They are very colorful. They are held together by a safety pin! *Bigsmile* No. 3 looks quite different from the first two.

I celebrated with unagi, roe, smoked sake, tako, and two other bits of sushi while Rory drank her sake.

I gave a Sushi to Rory who met me there and to a woman sitting next to me who has a restaurant in Salmon, Idaho (she's from Wellsville, New York and we both have friends in Bolivar. You can get wings at her place, Bert *Wink*).

Earlier at Celtic Connection I met Mie, who wondered about my name. Turns out she's from Denmark (and has even worked at Tivoli, dear Anna Lisa!)

The booklets are helping me make connections.

*Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5* *Leaf2* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5* *Snow1* *Leaf5*

Montana: 54º at 21:30.
8055

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609166-Minstrel-of-the-mountain-pass