*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607657-Sushi2-is-finished--finally
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#607657 added September 17, 2008 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Sushi.2 is finished ... finally.
ME:

Forgot about the Homecoming fireworks on the Oval until I heard them go off. Fortunately, I can see them quite well from my window. I love green ones; hate the loud ones. Purple is so rare, that that always grabs my attention too. I've seen some amazing ones over the years. Really love it when they are fired off over water (safer too).

I was at the library finishing off "Sushi.2" till after 2 a.m. Unbi really knew what she was doing. The computer program was a pain though. I am not fond of Microsoft Word 2007.

Today I cut up about 24 (one needed to be trashed) and put them together after a hearty helping of lasagna and berry crumble at the Senior Center. I just sat there and worked. A couple people came over. Their curiosity got them! *Smirk* Ah ... the little booklets contain their own brand of magic. *Wink*

Gave some out. Like to Donna who sold me some magnolia bubblebath yesterday ... guess who was in heaven at 2:30 a.m.? And to Myrt, Amy, to folks at Sushihana (the staff reads them). I traded in 10 news ones for ten old ones at Celtic Connection. The mix of "Sushi.1" pine green mixed well with the Dutch orange of "Sushi.2". [They are at the counter on the right hand side if you happen to be in town!]

So, I've been busy. I have reading and writing to catch up with and must begin to plan the next two booklets.

SUSHI:

Thank-you to everyone who commented: Alfred, AL, Anabel, Bert, Thomas, Wind, Becky, Judy, Leland, Iowegian Skye, Ken. The response covered the globe: France, Sweden, British Colombia, Maryland, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Carolina, California, New York and even a friend here in Missoula who arrived this year from Ohio. Not one Montanan in the bunch!

Not everyone's favorite made it. *Rolleyes* One of mine I am proud of didn't get a single vote! *Confused*

I figure I will save those that found some support, rewrite them and see if the folks here in Montana have a different opinion at some time in the future: 1,7,8,9,10,11,17,18,19,21,24,27.

The ones chosen: 3,4,6,13,14,15,25,29. The fav? #3.

#3

Spirit Lake in North Dakota

On wings
of Lakota flutes,
woven with wonder
from blue flax
and blue sky,
we dance with hoops.

Sushi.2 has an orange cover. Pages 1,2,7,8 are on white paper; pages 3,4,5,6 on a medium blue. It looks like the flag of The Netherlands. *Laugh* They didn't have dark blue or red, so ...

They are held together by a 2 inch brass eye pin (gold colored) that is threaded though 1/8" punch holes. I added one gold colored aluminium coin to embellish each.

They are the same size as Sushi.1 but look very different.

*Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5*

Montana: 65º at 21:00 after a warm smoke-hazy sunny day.

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607657-Sushi2-is-finished--finally