*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607134-I-need-a-bed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#607134 added September 14, 2008 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
I need a bed!
ME:

I'm working on this week's "Sushi".

In a response to Startiara I wrote (edited):

Bed? It's a priority. I was tired, but obviously not tired enough. Couldn't sleep till after 2 a.m. I used a blow up plastic children's raft. Narrow and very uncomfortable. It's Sunday, so not much I can do today but mention 'BED' to everyone I meet. *Bigsmile* and check the newspaper. Tomorrow, I'll check out the senior center, Salvation Army. I could go to the Import store and get a futon for about $350. So by the end of the week ...

So ... I slept in in spite of the clear sunny day. There aren't any drapes up (no prob to find or deal with) so I positioned the raft into the closet. Just dark enough to block most of the light. One copes.

This is not a crisis, just an inconvenience. The difficult part has been finding a place I can afford over a long period of time. With that resolved (not perfectly, but ...) I can move on and focus on other things.

I'm in the "Hipster" district! *Laugh*, just across the bridge from downtown and just west of the university. Both are very walkable.

The Walkability score http://walkscore.com here is 92.

You can catch Connie's travel-log at: http://www.imambara.blogspot.com

FOOTBALL:

Well, my Jayhawks lost to South Florida in an exciting game 34-37.

And the Griz walked all over Southern Utah 46-10. (They were up 39-0 before the Thunderbirds woke up.)

It would help the Montana team if they would schedule at least one hard game a year. Colorado, Wyoming, Minnesota, Utah, Arizona ... someone. Kansas' weak schedule kept them from being national champs last year. No fear of that this year.

So ... the game was boring in the first quarter: 0-0. Then Montana could do nothing wrong (except errant kicks). It was nice that Mariani scored 4 touchdowns; that happens maybe once in a career!

The fans? They announced over 25,000; but, get-a-life folks ... there were 2 empty seats next to me and empty seats up high on the east side and on the 50 yard line on the west side. It was a good crowd, but not very lively until the wave went around in the second half. I suspect that homecoming next week and the 4 Big Sky games will be better. The last game against Montana State will be overflowing even if it's in a blizzard (November 22nd).

The team? They had better be prepared to play better when Sacramento State and Eastern Washington visit.

*Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5*

Montana: 61º at 13:00, but warming up. The leaves are turning.
7847

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607134-I-need-a-bed