*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606515-Absinthe-lemons-and-lies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#606515 added September 11, 2008 at 1:14pm
Restrictions: None
Absinthe, lemons and lies
Absinthe, lemons and lies

What sits on a pin
if not twelve devils with a jug of wine
and thou.

Who howls on Venus
when the sun blinks out,
when eternity goes to hell.

How growls the stomach
that's seldom fed
but absinthe, lemons and lies.

Where fits this conundrum
I seek to solve
and when and
why.

Now, oh brown cow!
Utter the answers and do not try to cry
or go ahead
and sour the milky spoon
that soars over this moonlit sky.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.254] 2008-09-08

This just started out with a series of question words and after a few edits ... still seems very very odd. *Wink*

ME:


I got the little booklets done. I was at the U.M. library till 2 a.m.

I guess if I want it to be like a 'zine, I have to rethink it, but, I'm capable of rethinking it all.

The 4.5 x 5.5 cm "Sushi.1" is cream paper with a pine green cover, held together by one staple. I'm adding a strip of black that looks a bit like the dark green wrap used in sushi. "Sushi.2" ... due next Wednesday ... will be the same size but different colors, fonts and maybe layout. I'm using this opportunity to expand my design skills.

I bought various yarn (orange and green, white) and other stuff at the thrift store. Spent $1 something. A 5.5 cm wide (perfect width) of glittery wired plastic cost me 10 cents. It looks like a mini-shower curtain. *Bigsmile* I envision a series of taking-a-shower poems or quips.

Yeah, I'm having a good time.

This one is held together with staples, but I'm thinking of other ways: safety pin, beads, rubber band ... who knows. And I may add ribbons, flower petals, stickers, anything that shows creativity. Since I have 8 planned, I needn't use all ideas at once.

Cost to make 100? About $3 total. Hmmm ... I learn from Project Runway: no time, no money, no, no, OH NO! I can't do it. Oh, yes, I can. *Smirk*

THE SEASONS:

As I began to tell windac and have expanded on since:

In Western Montana: Autumn shows up early by painting the locust yellow, then with barely a breath, bears each leaflet to the ground to rest before the impending frost of nights near freezing.

In Eastern Oklahoma: the green heat imperceptibly cools to golds and bronze, then a calm and cool brown Autumn lingers into December.

In Western New York: October's a time to celebrate old Columbus Day before the rains knock off each leaf or worse turns to snow and breaks the limbs leaving nothing but devastation: like Columbus, blown with the wind and ready to be conquered by winter. And by the beginning of November when the golden leaves of elm crinkle with brown, one laments the last stubborn chartreuse of willow.

In Eastern Kansas: The south wind blows and burns as leaves turn to dust; the north wind blows and freezes what is left. The west wind blows everything to Misery (Missouri) cleaning it out. The east wind, kindest of all, remains nowhere to be found.

*Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf5* *Leaf3* *Leaf5*


Montana: 45º at 00:04. And getting cooler.
7784

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606515-Absinthe-lemons-and-lies